Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying this started months ago and hasn't changed or gone away. I recently replaced all rotors and pads (noise was present before and after changes). I've gone over my brakes 3 times now and made sure everything's lubed, tightened and set properly. I have no clue what the noise is but it's coming from the rear, random and annoying. I'll try to upload a vid later if I can get the noise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll start off by saying this started months ago and hasn't changed or gone away. I recently replaced all rotors and pads (noise was present before and after changes). I've gone over my brakes 3 times now and made sure everything's lubed, tightened and set properly. I have no clue what the noise is but it's coming from the rear, random and annoying. I'll try to upload a vid later if I can get the noise. Any ideas?
May seem stupid. But check your rear wiper motor in the hatch. I had a similar sound and it turned out to be my wiper motor. Again I know it seems stupid but worth a check into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,582 Posts
So it is not the brakes.
Can you list any mods prior to the noise being heard?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it is not the brakes.
Can you list any mods prior to the noise being heard?[/QUO

Catless downpipe, intake and blow off valve. I shooked/inspected my exhaust and no noise came from it. I still have no idea and I went over everything under the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have a way to document the noise? Maybe there is something stuck under the carpet/between body panels. Or it could be the rear wiper as someone already suggested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a way to document the noise? Maybe there is something stuck under the carpet/between body panels. Or it could be the rear wiper as someone already suggested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I can record with my phone after work today, I think it's drivetrain related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Kirye1337
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing