Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow RS brothers and sisters - I have never had to ship anything as heavy as rims and tires before - what would be the cheapest and most trusted (i.e. tracked) method to get them from Texas to Michigan?

USPS, UPS, FEDEX - or other methods?

Your feedback and help is greatly appreciated!

:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I shipped a set of tires via fed ex last year for about 80 bucks.

Couple years before that I shipped wheels via USPS for about 33 bucks a wheel (18", 26 lbs) tracked and insured.

For wheels and tires, assuming you're around 50 lbs a corner I'd expect to pay close to 200 bucks. The good thing about Fed Ex is you can just wrap them in shrink wrap if you so choose, USPS makes you box them.

EDIT: If you sign up with Fed Ex (free) and print your own labels they give you a considerable discount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks @Boostd; I appreciate your info!
Here's a tip. Try to find a Mail shop that has all 3 options so you can price match. Also I wouldn't trust just shrink wrapping rims, remember these places are handled by kids so there can be facial damages.
Most shops box 2 rims and put a cardboard piece in between with foam also separating them. Best tracking methods of the 3 would be UPS/fedex, usps is behind with their shipments due to increased volume of Amazon fyi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts