Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So without further ado, we are planning a few things. Ill try my best to update pictures an thread but sometimes I get ahead of myself and keep working not realizing I needed some pics. lol.
Order of business this month:
Remove hood, fenders, side mirrors, broken glass, interior A pillar trim, A-B top trim, B trim , B-C trim, and C trim. The headliner will then come out. From this point i will have much better access to assess damage and action plan. The pictures attached show evidence of structure sheared metal, nothing bent, torn away from, or broken. Hood hinges cut a window in the lowest section of the A pillar. Simple fix for (me)fab welder. Section out ,shown in black outline, while maintaining two plane repair. Which means no single straight weld lines, it must change direction 90degress to better help distribute loads. Esp with UHSS boron steel . One side will be edge to edge butt weld, while the top and bottom will be lapp weld. The upper forward roof section is creating inward preload spring tension on A pillar corners, so must relive tension ASAP. Cut it out, lol. The roof is attached with approximately 50 spot welds, to remove you use a Broach tool. simple. Once drilled, u wedge dual panel apart and remove outer skin top. Once again easy, its time, but definitely not hard. Once we have roof off, window out, and trim off interior pillars, next order is all the interior, FULL 8pt cage and painted inside. Stay tuned.......

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky enough to be second car and now toy. So plan on absurd and WTF
😂🤡👊🏻

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s official 2714$ bought back 😁🙏🏻

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Do the folks that recently bought your parts need to return them to you now? :LOL:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah that sounds about right. Where I live we have crown run insurance. If they write your car off and cut you a cheque, if you inquire you can have first dibs of buying the car back for pennies on the dollar before it gets auctioned off or crushed.

common for people to do when they know the damage was minor, or have lots of parts and want to transfer to a new shell

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a steal, I'd buy the damn thing for double that easy. Glad that all worked out, Now get to work :LOL:
I **** when I saw price for retaining it. That’s a no brainer😂

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or idiots with ridiculous sentimental attachment to their cars that buy back the same car that has been previously totalled...twice! (this guy lol)
:rolleyes:Once totaled and twice repaired same road within 3miles get story correct news anchor guy;):p :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Sub'ed......

What parts for you sold out of the car? I think the only thing I can recall was the wheels

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sub'ed......

What parts for you sold out of the car? I think the only thing I can recall was the wheels
Wheels since the wide-body now allows much more offset, along lines of 20-25Et. The rest will be refurbished to new. The seats are getting new Alacantara covers, AST dampers serviced by me. Since I am disassembling most of car Ill be redoing all suspension pivots, toe links, ball joints , etc. I'm also doing a short-block in the garage at the same time. A stock oem head with mild port clean ups. Goal is 530+whp, while under 2800lb. I want to chase Vettes, lol.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hmmm you missed the 3rd goal, Reliable.
4th goal. NOT TO HIT ANOTHER DEER.
Here's a rendering that I put together on my recommended mod path. Titanium road train roo bar, of course.
shimmer.jpg

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Ha, an indestructible Titanium Roo bar (as we know them in Australia) bolted to a tinfoil car. Is that going to work Hank? You'd still end up with a pile of scarp with a Ford badge on it.

Ciao

1 - 20 of 22 Posts