Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue with the center gauge display showing a shift light following a Cobb tune? Never had it before, but do now.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Early stock tunes had this and then Ford took it out. Are you sure you are running the most current tunes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the Cobb Stage 2 tune. Anyway to disable it in the tune, or does that have to come from Cobb?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Mine is the Cobb Stage 2 tune. Anyway to disable it in the tune, or does that have to come from Cobb?
Has to come from the tuner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got a Cobb tune to eliminate rev hang and noticed gear change light....annoying but not enough to do anything about it...!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one should be running the generic Cobb tunes on this platform. They are mediocre at best and dangerous for your engine at worst.
I should clarify my statement a bit: the tune is from Mountune, but to customize, they have you start with the base Cobb tune and log it. Then you load the Mountune one and log that too, which they will them compare to the base map. Both turned on the shift light.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I should clarify my statement a bit: the tune is from Mountune, but to customize, they have you start with the base Cobb tune and log it. Then you load the Mountune one and log that too, which they will them compare to the base map. Both turned on the shift light.
Just talk to Randy (at Mountune) and have him get rid of the light.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yep - kind of worried me for a bit also - until I read this....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts