Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having some difficultly this am attempting to change out my knob. The 30 sec job it should be is driving me insane!!
I don't know of the gap that is left behind is just a large reverse lockout safety thing for Ford or what but I was wondering if there was a way to fix this or what I need to do!!

Thank you all in advance 馃憣

Attachments

Registered
I'm guessing that knob is not a Focus specific one since most (ie Cobb, Mountune, etc.) usually have a pocket in them like the stock knob for the reverse lock out+spring to seat into.

It will probably still work the way you have it there without the spring, but it's so floppy with out it, you run the risk of unknowingly going into reverse (when you intended to be in 1st), negating the whole purpose of the lockout.

You can try to do something like what the wearelikewise shift knobs do and have a thread-on cap to capture the spring and lock out. Maybe they have those available separately?

Registered
You can get a shift solutions co reverse lockout that is smaller - more like an sti/wrx size lockout which let you run knobs that don't have the relief for the ford knobs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts