Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what options there are for a shark fin antenna. Seems Visual Garage is no longer in business.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Does roof lining need to be removed to install one of these?
I'm thinking yes, which kind of makes it a prick of a job!

·
Registered
340 Posts
No interior work needed. Most just have the antenna unscrewed and the shark fin sits over the base

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wondering what options there are for a shark fin antenna. Seems Visual Garage is no longer in business.
The edge antenna is a direct replacement. Make sure you get the nav version if you have nav.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Google reviews, several people have purchased and never received. Emailing them and never got a response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The edge antenna is a direct replacement. Make sure you get the nav version if you have nav.

Is the correct Edge antenna JJ7Z-18936-AAPTM?

Have you installed one yourself? Did radio reception stay about the same?

Thanks! -David

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Is the correct Edge antenna JJ7Z-18936-AAPTM?

Have you installed one yourself? Did radio reception stay about the same?

Thanks! -David
So let me give you some context. I installed an edge antenna on my fusion sport. Fusions and the focus have the same antenna. It was a direct replacement on my fusion. It's a common mod and many say reception improves. I can't say that but it certainly didn't get worse. I'll find that thread and post the part numbers for you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have by chance because I just got rid of my ST, a race red shark fin antennae from Visual Garage. I'd be willing to sell if you are interested? It was never installed and brand new in box. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So let me give you some context. I installed an edge antenna on my fusion sport. Fusions and the focus have the same antenna. It was a direct replacement on my fusion. It's a common mod and many say reception improves. I can't say that but it certainly didn't get worse. I'll find that thread and post the part numbers for you

Thanks! I’ll appreciate any info you can share.

-David

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks! I’ll appreciate any info you can share.

-David
The part number for nav is JJ7Z-18936-AAPTM.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Headliner need to be removed to access the bolt to remove the antenna I think right?

I read though some forums it comes primer grey.

@Kuvasz , any feedback, tips?

Reactions: turbojr74

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes, head liner needs to come down to get the antenna off, that within itself is enough of a reason for me to say....PASS

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Yes, head liner needs to come down to get the antenna off, that within itself is enough of a reason for me to say....PASS

ROFL!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Thanks to our new member @dwaller, this one from Visual Garage. still in business.

Slightly larger than the bolt-on, but waaaayyy easier to install and comes paint match or any other color you want!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I emailed Visual Garage and they replied back, ETA 2-3 three weeks depending on the paint color you order.

I read the reviews, the buyers that got their order were happy.

The ones that did not receive it....... not so much.

I found a couple of similar antenna toppers and covers at Amazon and AliExpress for the a fraction of their price.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I emailed Visual Garage and they replied back, ETA 2-3 three weeks depending on the paint color you order.

I read the reviews, the buyers that got their order were happy.

The ones that did not receive it....... not so much.

I found a couple of similar antenna toppers and covers at Amazon and AliExpress for the a fraction of their price.
Are you going to do one? Thanks @nicklulu for posting this....I will keep it in mind

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I was waiting for @Kuvasz reply for a while now.....

I have done after market antennas before on other cars....

At least in this method you don't monkey around with the headliner lest risk to monkey around with cables.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts