·
Super Moderator
15,797 Posts
266 miles of smiles:

smiles.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yea I too noticed that the mats were removed from the front, most likely to keep clean, but what about the carpet now? The dimples could have been made by luggage or something they tossed in the seat. Mine do that if I lay them down to haul stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The blue car was the one used on the track - thus it is not "well looked after".
The rear seats were pretty neglected probably - and yes that is the front driver floor mat (as there was no floor mat when i sat in the driver's seat).

I will post a picture of the VIN-S (yes all three of them :) )

I will ask about the engine cover.

I want to get a full 360 of the white and black (since they are well maintained) and also of the Smile-ge).

·
Registered
188 Posts
A couple things I noticed from the pics:

- The ducting between the airbox and the front of the car is identical to the ST.
- The coolant reservoir is identical, except that instead of a sensor near the front, there is a hose going in.
- The rubber coupler between the intake ducts in the rear of the engine is split (cracked).
- The lower part of the airbox appear identical to the ST. Upper airbox lid is the same shape.
- They moved the clutch reservoir to where you can actually get to it now!
- Recommended oil is, in fact, 5W-50.
- Why can't we seem to get a good pic of the hood where the intake is located?????

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Day 1 at SEMA 2015 is officially over! Stay tuned tomorrow for some more coverage, and hopefully get to see the RS in action on the track!
20151103_172045.jpg
Thank you all who have visited us on Facebook and for watching and commenting on the pictures and videos!

·
Registered
892 Posts
TacolinoQC,

The Shadow Black RS what color are the wheels. Black or Grey cant tell from the photo.
They are the standard 19" dark gray/anthracite/gunmetal wheels. Check out the pics in post #16 of this thread. There are some better daylight pics of them there.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can you please take a pic of the underside of the hood, like where the air box will touch when it's closed. I'm curious

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Can you please take a pic of the underside of the hood, like where the air box will touch when it's closed. I'm curious
HI BlackDragon,
I will try to do a new round of photos tomorrow. I am working on a 1.5 min video/ walkaround interview with Lou Santiago of MuscleCar/Carfix. Still putting that together with the great guys at Ford Performance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great posts. Just that much closer!! Looks like an absolute blast out there (per usual, lol). The requested pics get a +1 from me also. Especially the engine bay with the cover off. Yeah, it keeps it more clean, but oh so bland looking...

Looking forward to your video man! Thanks for taking the time to make the goods known to us who missed getting to SEMA this year =D

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Thanks for photos!

5W-50 Oil. I bet it's the same full synthetic stuff used in the Boss, GT500, and GT. $$$.

Or do all EcoBoosts use 5w-50? Never owned one.

This car will rock.

Only Ford Performance cars spec the 5w-50
if you stick with the OEM motorcraft oil it certainly affords one to look at just about any other brand of oil. Its not bad, I just think there is better in the price range.
amsoil, redline, ELF, Joe Gibbs are basically the same. the only thing I might use that is cheaper is Mobil 1 or penzoil platinum (dont think its offered in ultra)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good morning to you all, once again from SEMA2015! THIS IS Day 2 and it looks like anew icky situation. I've spoken with Ford Performance and it's "a go" with the ride along and filming... all depends on the rain, which in the past 5 years it has never been like this. It is very high liability to drift with passengers so Ford will take precautions to make sure the rider and the audience are safe.
For all of you who are here at the show please keep posting photos and videos as you may have much more time and opportunity!

Don't forget about the contest on our Facebook page!
Enjoy what's to come.
20151104_084820.jpg
20151104_084841.jpg

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
21 - 40 of 128 Posts