Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have several allocations remaining that are being sold @ MSRP. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
242 Posts
10-Oct-2015:

(snipped from another thread...)

Stores allocations are based on there last 2 years of ST sales. The dealership in South Florida where I work will be receiving 6 RS. 2 of our 6 have been sold and hopefully wrapping up the 3rd one today :)
They'd all be sold if they were MSRP :)

They will also all sell with AMD.

7-Nov-2015:
We have several allocations remaining that are being sold @ MSRP. PM me if you are interested.

And then again, maybe they won't all sell with AMD... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Bait and switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Hey Millerd ,you are not selling at MSRP. The $699 dealer's fee you are charging is call ADM (Addtional Dealer Markup). What
else are you lying about ? You probably have a $2,500 documentation fee also :) Shame on you!

MSRP means MSRP

Friends don't let friends drive ADM!

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - Had a car dealer in Katy Texas, Autonation that was going to give RS forum owners a good deal; Ha! Ha! they wanted $5K ADM

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Hey, where did @millerd go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding we are very busy today at the dealership. There is no bait and switch here, we are selling the vehicle at MSRP. All of our vehicle we sell at the dealership include a Dealer Fee of $699 no matter what you buy. If you like the deal then great! If not no hard feelings. PM if you would like to take advantage.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'll take one at MSRP minus $699. Let me know. I won't mind paying your $699 markup then.

Jim

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
From Edmunds: "Florida has the highest average doc fee, calculated by Edmunds.com to be $675, but some Florida dealers charge as much as $999. The second highest state for doc fees, according to Edmunds data, is North Carolina, at an average of $550. Among the states that put no limit on doc fees, Arkansas has the lowest average amount: $110."

CA max doc fee is $80. 9 other states put a cap on them.

Jim

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
From Edmunds: "Florida has the highest average doc fee, calculated by Edmunds.com to be $675, but some Florida dealers charge as much as $999. The second highest state for doc fees, according to Edmunds data, is North Carolina, at an average of $550. Among the states that put no limit on doc fees, Arkansas has the lowest average amount: $110."

CA max doc fee is $80. 9 other states put a cap on them.

Jim

well that settles that! high doc fee or not, @millerd is selling for msrp. someone in florida stop being a pansy and go buy a damn car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Central Florida here. Ordered my RS and there was no "doc fee" or ADM. There was a Electronic Filing Fee of $24. There's a reason why that dealer still has allocations...high markup!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding we are very busy today at the dealership. There is no bait and switch here, we are selling the vehicle at MSRP. All of our vehicle we sell at the dealership include a Dealer Fee of $699 no matter what you buy. If you like the deal then great! If not no hard feelings. PM if you would like to take advantage.
This man is flat-out lying to you...he IS NOT SELLING YOUR CAR TO YOU AT MSRP! His dealership is evidently charging EVERY customer a $699 ADM. This dealership is depending on you to be stupid or passive, and let them B.S. you with an ADM fee advertised falsely as "MSRP". When I bought MY RS at MSRP, there was no ADM, period.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey Millerd ,you are not selling at MSRP. The $699 dealer's fee you are charging is call ADM (Addtional Dealer Markup). What
else are you lying about ? You probably have a $2,500 documentation fee also :) Shame on you!

MSRP means MSRP

Friends don't let friends drive ADM!

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - Had a car dealer in Katy Texas, Autonation that was going to give RS forum owners a good deal; Ha! Ha! they wanted $5K ADM
Sadly admin fees of $350-799 are pretty much the norm in Florida.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
This man is flat-out lying to you...he IS NOT SELLING YOUR CAR TO YOU AT MSRP! His dealership is evidently charging EVERY customer a $699 ADM. This dealership is depending on you to be stupid or passive, and let them B.S. you with an ADM fee advertised falsely as "MSRP". When I bought MY RS at MSRP, there was no ADM, period.
Seriously, that's not an ADM. Is it annoying? Sure, but you can't buy a Ford Fiesta or Honda Civic without admin/doc fees. My local Honda dealer is $799.

I've *never* seen a dealer in Florida at less than $200 doc fees and even that was 16 years ago.

I have no idea what my dealer charges that I'm buying the RS from, but I'm budgeting $600 as it seems to be the norm here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts