Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really hoping I could finally have a car with a very common bolt pattern. My WRX was 5x100 and I was hoping the RS would be 5x114 like the sti was as well as many other popular manufacturers. I found that finding the right size and offset wheel in a lightweight design to be rather difficult for my WRX with that bolt pattern. Am I going to run into the same issue with the 5x108 bolt pattern the RS will more than likely have? Reason being if I will I will just suck it up and have the dealer change my allocation to the OE forged wheels and just save myself the trouble. I ended up going with some light weight 18x9.5's with the wrx that were light weight wheels but aside from the mach v wicked awesomes i got there was nothing in the bolt pattern and price range. Hoping some of the Ford ST owners can chime in with their thoughts on how easily it is to get a nice set of lightweight wheels in the 5x108 pattern. Or is it still debatable the bolt pattern? Thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
It's a pita to find this bolt pattern. But companies once the car is out will start doing group buys most likely for our pattern. I have rpf1s for my st and there is only one company that even sells them in that pattern in the us. Gonna suck for a short while seeing as these are 19s and everyone will have to catch up to that now

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, there are only a few companies out there that make decent wheels in our bolt pattern, which WILL be 5x108.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha nice, you guys are right the selection is terrible! Been looking and the only wheel that I would want to afford that is light weight is the RPF1. Of course , because it was either that wheel or the Mach V with my wrx haha its like my destiny to own a set of rpf1s...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Haha nice, you guys are right the selection is terrible! Been looking and the only wheel that I would want to afford that is light weight is the RPF1. Of course , because it was either that wheel or the Mach V with my wrx haha its like my destiny to own a set of rpf1s...
RPF1s are going to need a crazy low offset or spacers to clear the front calipers more than likely.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do you like the team dynamics pro race 1.2's? I'm getting a set for pretty cheap that I plan on using for my winter wheels.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Not like we gotta rush into it, we are getting some nice looking wheels (forged or otherwise). Offset and width suck, but hey...they're stock.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True. I have gone back and forth on the wheels over the last day or so and I think I will stick with the multispoke. I think they suit the hatchback style well and the dark color is nice. In the end I think I would rather risk wishing I got the forged than wishing I hadn't because I buy something different later anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I actually prefer the look of the stock wheel and would be more inclined to buy aftermarket later on. So many people are buying the forged wheels that in a couple of years if I change my mind I should be able to pick them up used for $500-$600 per set.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just a brand form another forum member called Avant Garde and they seem to offer bespoke wheels that would accommodate the bolt pattern for this car. Worth checking out when considering their price point (~$375 per wheel).

·
Registered
322 Posts
I looked at quite a few wheel companies for this bolt pattern. MRR has wheels that will work. You also have Work Emotion TR7 wheels that can have custom drilled patterns if you like that style...but may not fit over caliper. Their are others in 18" all over the place in 5x108. The problem is the offset needs to stay within reason to stock...so if you go bigger than a 9"-9.5" width, deep concave, etc.....you will be poking out and may wack your wells turning. TSW will re-drill....but you will have plugs and may need to flare out some. You can also grab some 5x108 to 5x114.3 wheel adapters in 20-25mm....but you may wash out you suspension and bearing may take a hit. Just some options. I am still looking so will post more info along the way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just found out Avant Garde wheels are pewp when it comes to offset choices. Nothing higher than +42mm for 8.5" wide and +45mm for 9.5" wide. Figured I'd keep this updated in case anyone was in the market for the same wheels.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Gotta say... this really kinda sucks. I change wheels on just about every car I buy.

But man, there's f'n nothing out there. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I work at a Ford dealer and one of the three cars we are getting will be just SCCA car only, mine will not be.
Have been looking at these wheels. anyone know anything of these wheels. looking for some that don't weigh anything 2.5lbs sounds good to me.
other than being $2000 each but I was told money is not a problem. https://esecarbon.com/shop

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I work at a Ford dealer and one of the three cars we are getting will be just SCCA car only, mine will not be.
Have been looking at these wheels. anyone know anything of these wheels. looking for some that don't weigh anything 2.5lbs sounds good to me.
other than being $2000 each but I was told money is not a problem. https://esecarbon.com/shop
It does say right on their web page that they're "affordable". *Buys more lottery tickets*

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thinking about contacting true forged and seeing if they'd make a wheel seeing as they do custom one offs for a ton of vehicles. More than likely 3k plus for wheels alone but worth it if you're gonna be going to a car meet/show.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts