Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Well, it does say pre-production model shown, delivery in Spring 2016...

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
that was more promotional hype than anything, the music, the engine noises, saying it has arrived. as in its here. its made, its greenlighted, its in america. This is just straight marketing of the vehicle, get ready for a lot of it starting from now on, soon magazine's, reviewers, etc etc will all be showing the RS. This is the build up period to when they get delivered trying to get people that dont know about the car interested and to go to ford dealers

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah I know is a timed marketing thing. I just find it funny that with all the miscommunication around it, people snapping up allocations now, and that possible rumoured delay (please note I'm recognizing it's just a possibility) on a short production year, they're generating more hype for a car that may no longer be logistically available to order come spring! Lol.

On the flip side, it might be an indication that they can probably make more than we think ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought it was funny, especially with all the talk of delays and all of us waiting for a build date! To see an advert stating its here should be amusing to all of us !!

·
Super Moderator
15,629 Posts
Sad, why isn't my FoRS sitting in my garage here at my house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah I know is a timed marketing thing. I just find it funny that with all the miscommunication around it, people snapping up allocations now, and that possible rumoured delay (please note I'm recognizing it's just a possibility) on a short production year, they're generating more hype for a car that may no longer be logistically available to order come spring! Lol.

On the flip side, it might be an indication that they can probably make more than we think ;)
Lol um...I get your point, but, on the flip side, you're referencing info that we, as the consumer, are not generally informed of or privy to by a manufacturer during a launch process. You can thank the Internet and people for much of the drama escalation that's been going around.

Can't exactly fault Ford for the marketing hype, in and of itself.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Great Video! Building the Hype is fine with me, I would rather watch that than reading the rumors and all the whining. I didn't like the fact that they flew over my garage though, but it was Blue I ordered White!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lol um...I get your point, but, on the flip side, you're referencing info that we, as the consumer, are not generally informed of or privy to by a manufacturer during a launch process. You can thank the Internet and people for much of the drama escalation that's been going around.

Can't exactly fault Ford for the marketing hype, in and of itself.
yeah I'll agree. But I will say that I've received more reliable info out of this forum than from a dealer, who, is supposed to be the "official" word.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah I'll agree. But I will say that I've received more reliable info out of this forum than from a dealer, who, is supposed to be the "official" word.
Totally agree with you there. Funny, bc we can thank the Internet and (other) ppl for that, too.

Technology is a double edged sword.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The comments on that video make my brain hurt. It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people there are in the world.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts