Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
241 Posts
Hold Eject and Scan Right and it will start a speaker test on Sync. You can change a bunch of Sync settings after the test (or cancel the test). You can setup your theme as well (mustang, lincoln, etc) but the settings don't persist. It will reset after you restart (to the forscan settings)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm not entirely sure that you would even have to use forscan to "activate" the securicode. When I was updating my sync to the latest version of sync 3, I was getting into the menus and seem to recall an option to enable/disable securicode. I don't have forscan, so it obviously wasn't stumbled upon by using this software. I can't remember exactly how I accessed the menu, but there were several options that could be changed, for example, I could change the splash screen to say ST or Shelby, or a variety of other things. But I prefer the RS splash screen over all of them.
Did you pull the door panel (really easy) and trace that wiring back to its source?

You can use as-built compare tools to figure out the differences coding wise. The default door access code is also supposedly printed on the BCM for anyone else interested in doing this.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts