Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out the cabin air filter today, and found this SecuriCode card when I removed the panel below the glove box.
In the almost 2 years I’ve had the RS I have not seen any evidence of a keypad hidden on the car, or any need for one, given the keyless entry we enjoy.
Has anyone else found one of these in their RS?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
I got one too. Under the drivers seat. Other Focus models on the Saarlouis assembly line have SecuriCode.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Rumor was at one time is that if we were to find a way to connect a security key pad to the door that code would be the one that works. Never seen proof of it being done and working though, if I had I would have followed those steps with haste.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The associated module is "generic" allowing it to be used in multiple models and trims. I don't recall exactly what is in the maint. manual but there are at least two additional modules involved where that code is needed to initialize the keyless entry system.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Maybe the guys/girls on the assembly line use them to help install something that needs a little guidance.

Reactions: thomwithah

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm guessing you are just a lurker that does not actually own one of these.
I have one. But since my other fords have it built into the black part of the door and it is invisible I assumed the RS had it. The car is currently at the dealer so I couldn’t verify. However this thread seems to state it was not a feature of the RS.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-foc...ock-functionality-rs.html#/topics/4180?page=3

News to me, sad it doesn’t, it is a handy feature when you do need it. But not sure how I’d know since I only lurk :/

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm guessing there's a code associated with certain part of the car since virtually every non base model ford has this feature I believe, and it's standard to put the label there despite not actually having this feature.

Still don't understand why they excluded this feature on the RS though, I doubt it saves any weight or serves any practical purpose, may be just merely cost cutting. it's a really neat feature though, to be able to lock your everything including the key inside the car; yes not that many occasions you would need it but when you do, like going for a swim, it sure comes in handy.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
254 Posts
Felt like reviving an old thread, anyone know for sure if we can add a keypad from another Focus and plug it in somewhere? Or is the door harness just missing the connection entirely.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Just added one to our Transit passenger wagon, it basically acts as a remote and doesnt need any wiring, its stuck on using double sided tape. My guess is it can also be added to any focus such as our RS and I thought about adding one for a while but just didnt bother so I cant confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m pretty sure this is the harness that is required for the securicode to work. I have had my door apart and saw the harness looks similar, but not the same part number. I have the invisible keypad from a Ford Escape (I’m pretty sure) installed and looking for parts for a Focus Titanium, which is why this part number does not match. The key pad was a straight swap with the OG blank panel. But alas… nowhere to connect.

·
Registered
697 Posts
View attachment 354253 I’m pretty sure this is the harness that is required for the securicode to work. I have had my door apart and saw the harness looks similar, but not the same part number. I have the invisible keypad from a Ford Escape (I’m pretty sure) installed and looking for parts for a Focus Titanium, which is why this part number does not match. The key pad was a straight swap with the OG blank panel. But alas… nowhere to connect.
You can merge harnesses assuming the RS isn't using PINs that would be needed, I cant' find my Focus wiring Diagram book...but it diagrams those pins needed and you can just compare the focus RS 2018 diagrams to see if they are in use. If not it should be as simple as merging in the needed wires from the other harness and coding it with Forscan and doing a reinitialize of the correct modules. If I can find my diagrams I will post them asap.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Found my Access Code while detailing the interior today (on the BCM) my first code was actually the tire lock code lol, this will light a fire under my ass to get this done...guess I am gonna have to spring for another I can't find mine...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my car to the dealership and asked them if they could help me figure out what the differences between the focuses with and without the securicode were, but with only my vin and no other focuses available with securicode to obtain vin info, it was just a giant waste of time, because obviously, for the RS, it wasn't an option.. If they can't hook it up to a computer and figure out what you need, they're completely lost. Better off on forums like this to figure these things out. There is a connection in the door that the keypad can attach to, but it doesn't receive power from the connection. That's why I think there is a different harness for the ones with securicode option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can merge harnesses assuming the RS isn't using PINs that would be needed, I cant' find my Focus wiring Diagram book...but it diagrams those pins needed and you can just compare the focus RS 2018 diagrams to see if they are in use. If not it should be as simple as merging in the needed wires from the other harness and coding it with Forscan and doing a reinitialize of the correct modules. If I can find my diagrams I will post them asap.
I'm not entirely sure that you would even have to use forscan to "activate" the securicode. When I was updating my sync to the latest version of sync 3, I was getting into the menus and seem to recall an option to enable/disable securicode. I don't have forscan, so it obviously wasn't stumbled upon by using this software. I can't remember exactly how I accessed the menu, but there were several options that could be changed, for example, I could change the splash screen to say ST or Shelby, or a variety of other things. But I prefer the RS splash screen over all of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts