Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking about a feature that I have on my current fusion and realized its not listed for the RS. Anyone have any idea if the external door keypad is an option/standard? Have not seen it anywhere. I just saw its included on 2015 ST3s, wondering if it would be included standard on the RS. Probably one of my favorite features on my Fusion and would really be bummed I cant get it on the RS one way or another.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keyless entry touchpad is tacky. Has no place on this car. You'll have keyless entry via your fob. Keep it in your pocket, touch the door and it unlocks. Been standard on the up trim Focus line since 2012
Really its tacky? Its almost invisible on the B pillar. Keyless entry is one thing. Being able to lock your keys in the car while you go on a run, hike ect is another PHO-10Jan26-201190.jpg

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Keyless entry touchpad is tacky. Has no place on this car. You'll have keyless entry via your fob. Keep it in your pocket, touch the door and it unlocks. Been standard on the up trim Focus line since 2012
how is a touchpad is tacky?
maybe on a Lincoln continental in the early90's but the new system is undetectable until you touch it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
how is a touchpad is tacky?
maybe on a Lincoln continental in the early90's but the new system is undetectable until you touch it.
You hit the nail on the head. It was tacky then and now. Tech has progressed. No need for it now. BTW you can't lock the fob in the car. The system won't let you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. It was tacky then and now. Tech has progressed. No need for it now. BTW you can't lock the fob in the car. The system won't let you.
Haven't tried that on my car, time to test it over lunch break. Although I will leave window half-open just in case :cool:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, pretty sure you can. Dad has a 2015 Edge with it and keyless fob and he does it all the time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And how is there no need for it? Keyless entry does not server the same purpose as an external keypad.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Yeah, the new keypads are invisible unless activated by a touch. Saw that on a Lincoln a co-worker got as a rental after a recent wreck. I would not be against having that option. Never have to call a locksmith/police to open my car unless the battery is also dead.

She didnt' know about that while having the fob in her pocket she could just touch the outer part of the handle to lock the car or just touch the inside of the handle to unlock it. I showed her that when I saw her using the keypad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is great for the time you want to go to the pool and want to leave your valuables in the car. I love it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have not seen the option either. Its comes standard on the focus titanium but not on the focus SE its a add on and looks like cheap crap. They don't put the same keypad on the car. The one on your fusion is the one I would like also but I'm sure Ford will not give that feature to the RS. Its the same thing they did with the ST when it came out. The gave the car a touch screen like just like the focus titanium but no back up camera. I feel Ford will do the same thing with this keypad on the RS. Yes its not a necessary feature with the key fob in your pocket but the focus titanium has the same key fob tech and it still has a keypad. That key pad comes in handy when you don't have yours keys on you when you just want to run grab something out the car or if you like to lock your keys in your car while at work. Lots of F150 customers lock their keys in their trucks cause its less stuff in their pockets.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have not seen the option either. Its comes standard on the focus titanium but not on the focus SE its a add on and looks like cheap crap. They don't put the same keypad on the car. The one on your fusion is the one I would like also but I'm sure Ford will not give that feature to the RS. Its the same thing they did with the ST when it came out. The gave the car a touch screen like just like the focus titanium but no back up camera. I feel Ford will do the same thing with this keypad on the RS. Yes its not a necessary feature with the key fob in your pocket but the focus titanium has the same key fob tech and it still has a keypad. That key pad comes in handy when you don't have yours keys on you when you just want to run grab something out the car or if you like to lock your keys in your car while at work. Lots of F150 customers lock their keys in their trucks cause its less stuff in their pockets.
But it does come on the 15 ST, so I really really hope they put it on the RS. If not, I'm with you that their add on looks like crap. Wonder how hard it would be to switch out that B pillar piece with a code pad one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
But it does come on the 15 ST, so I really really hope they put it on the RS. If not, I'm with you that their add on looks like crap. Wonder how hard it would be to switch out that B pillar piece with a code pad one.
You correct the camera is now on the ST but it took them 2yrs to do it so I don't have high hopes. I have no idea how hard it would be to switch and wire the keypad on the pillar

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
++1

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
21 Participants
Cheapo911
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing