Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Seattle area owners: where will you get HG replaced?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Daneth 
#1 ·
Have any of you decided which service department you will entrust your car to? If so, how did you make that decision?
Thanks, Oldnslow

#3 ·
I called every dealer in the Seattle area Tuesday and honestly didn't get a good feeling from anyone. No one was up to speed on the HG FSA.
I decided to wait and just schedule a oil change at Bellevue Ford (only $79.99) instead of being one of the first to get the HG done locally. I went
in today for the oil change and spoke with the service manager Jaime. He told me they have tenure technicians who would be doing the job. They
were very professional so I decided to cancel the oil change and schedule the HG for next week. Wish me luck!

#4 ·
Bumping this since most people in the Seattle area should have had this done by now.

Found an oil leak while installing ADF skidplate. Afraid this is now the infamous Front Cover leak. Where did you guys take your cars for Headgaskets, and have good luck with no leaks afterwards? Seems all the dealers in the area have bad reputations by just searching the reviews.

#6 ·
Interesting.... The autonation Ford? It's the closest one to me, and I tried to buy an RS there originally, but no dice. Wouldn't expect them to have a good service department for RS as a big conglomerate. Maybe I'll give them a ring.

I'm directly between Bowen Scarf and Bill Pierre at 20 miles each way or 2 hrs of Seattle traffic, so options are limited.

#7 ·
Not sure about the service department, but Bill Pierre's sales department is the prototypical shady car dealership. When I was in the market for an RS back in July 2017, went there and it could not have gone worse. Never have just got up and walked out of a dealer before, but I did there.

Bowen Scarff was the opposite. Great sales department. I do most of my own service, but took it there for the head gasket replacement. So far, 10 months later, no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.