Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my RS2 on order. I've seen these awesome recaro seats with the cutouts for the racing harness and I though great. Is it true that reality is not what we see and the seats are going to be just crappy ST seats with RS on there rather that ST. They are so not worth the RS2 package if that is true.... Feeling sad... Want awesome teased seats...:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
but but the cool seats dont have map pockets in the back!!
exactly, where else am i going to store all those really high detailed maps?

but really, in another thread on this forum, a bunch of members expressed interest in a group buy for the Euro-Spec recaros, might be something you want to keep tabs on if you really want those seats

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It looks like you will need to give up the side airbags if you go to those shell seats. I'd love a combo with both. I also don't think the shell seats have adjustable lumbar.

Jim

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the demand for euro parts in general will be enough for someone to import them. I could care less about the seats personally. If I was going all out show or track car I would get a pair of high end Sparcos for what it would be to import the shells. However I would like to see about getting the pop out door guards and maybe the headlight washers, in addition to the diffuser with the rear fog light.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Headlight washers will require a ROW bumper shell and all the plumbing. Unless the washer fluid was heated I don't see any need for them. My current car has them, but my car is washed regularly so the headlight washers never serve a purpose.

I'd like to see a company remake the diffuser in carbon fiber and if the wiring is in place then I'd get one with the fog light. If they wiring isn't there then I don't think it's worth it. I can count on one hand how many times I have had to use my rear fog lights and I want to punch the idiots who drive with them on unnecessarily. They're obnoxiously bright in clear weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It looks like you will need to give up the side airbags if you go to those shell seats. I'd love a combo with both. I also don't think the shell seats have adjustable lumbar.

Jim
EU Shell seats have side airbags, but without lumbar.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This is not entirely true.

OP, are you talking about seats like this? The seats below were Recaros in my 2014 Mustang. They came from Ford this way.

View attachment 2573
Those have airbags, the shell seats in the Euro RS don't have air bags.

I would have been happy with those though, they look nice. Are they comfortable? I can't imagine that being a hard swap.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I would have been happy with those though, they look nice. Are they comfortable? I can't imagine that being a hard swap.
I realize they arent the shell seats but they still have cutouts for a racing harness, at least on top

most comfortable seats I have ever had. Was sad to see the car go when I sold it mainly for those seats. Good luck finding them to swap though. Not very many stangs came with them and the guys on the mustang forums are always looking for them but no one wants to let them go.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I realize they arent the shell seats but they still have cutouts for a racing harness, at least on top

most comfortable seats I have ever had. Was sad to see the car go when I sold it mainly for those seats. Good luck finding them to swap though. Not very many stangs came with them and the guys on the mustang forums are always looking for them but no one wants to let them go.
please just remember that having cutouts for racing harnesses doesn't make them racing seats. should you go to the track, you should have a fixed back seat with your harness, rollbar, and hans...at a minimum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I have my RS2 on order. I've seen these awesome recaro seats with the cutouts for the racing harness and I though great. Is it true that reality is not what we see and the seats are going to be just crappy ST seats with RS on there rather that ST. They are so not worth the RS2 package if that is true.... Feeling sad... Want awesome teased seats...:(
Crappy seats in the ST? Those seats are the best seats I've ever had in a car. Is it possible you simply don't fit the Recaros in the ST, rather than the seats being bad?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Headlight washers will require a ROW bumper shell and all the plumbing. Unless the washer fluid was heated I don't see any need for them. My current car has them, but my car is washed regularly so the headlight washers never serve a purpose.

I'd like to see a company remake the diffuser in carbon fiber and if the wiring is in place then I'd get one with the fog light. If they wiring isn't there then I don't think it's worth it. I can count on one hand how many times I have had to use my rear fog lights and I want to punch the idiots who drive with them on unnecessarily. They're obnoxiously bright in clear weather.
<this>

Had HL washers on a few prior cars and almost never used them. But when I did it did spray a lot of washer fluid and there was considerable mist that ended up on the hood and such.

And why do people run their fogs on a clear night, makes me want to get 2 feet off their rear and then hit them with duel 40" High power LED flood bars on my Raptor..but I don't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you calling me fat?
No, you just may be too tall, too muscular, simply the wrong dimensions for the seat.

I have two friends who didn't like the Recaros because they were too tight. Over time, and them riding in the car, the seats 'stretched' enough that they will go on a longer trip in the car, rather than insisting we take their vehicle.

For me, they are the best seats I've ever sat in, in a vehicle. But even my old bones need a break every couple of hours.

So does my bladder...:D

·
Registered
13 Posts

Recaro's from the Mustang won't fit a Focus, they are too wide

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
please just remember that having cutouts for racing harnesses doesn't make them racing seats. should you go to the track, you should have a fixed back seat with your harness, rollbar, and hans...at a minimum.
Maybe for a permanent track car, but you don't need these to go to the track for an OTD.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Recaro's from the Mustang won't fit a Focus, they are too wide
Seat width not withstanding...the S550 seats (Mustang) have a whole different floor to seat track mounting geometry. Completely different platforms. They'd never bolt in.
The EU Focus seat structure versus the Mustang seat structure come from 2 different suppliers with very different architectures. Swapping seats between different vehicle models very much compromises crash safety. Not recommended.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts