Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Australian version of the RS will have height-adjustable seats (at least on the driver side)? I'm a whopping 5'6" so if the seat is fixed and low I'll either be carrying a cushion around with me or relying on honks/screams to work out if I'm still on the road...

·
Registered
224 Posts
If Australia is only getting the Recaro Shell seats, from what I've heard, then they are carry over from the last gen RS and what I've read about those is there is some height adjustment, but it means unbolting the small allen head screws from the base and moving them to a different hole in the base, of which there are several, but only a limited number. The bolts can just be seen in the bottom of this pic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That makes sense, because that frame looks pretty permanent, in vertical, with the seat bolted in place. Hopefully seats come delivered to their lowest setting - I hate high seating position.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know what shipping costs would be but I'm sure you'd be able to find someone in the US who would be willing to swap the Recaro shell seats for the RS2 US Recaro's.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I don't know what shipping costs would be but I'm sure you'd be able to find someone in the US who would be willing to swap the Recaro shell seats for the RS2 US Recaro's.
just a thought, but I wonder if swapping seats will trigger an airbag light.
I know when I unplugged my seats in my tundra I had the bag light on and pretty sure any light, especially air bag wont pass inspection

·
Registered
555 Posts
Really might depend on you state, here in Texas a SRS light on doesn't fail state inspection. The inspection is mainly emissions, lights, warning lights(turn signals), horn, wipers, tires, brakes, the things that allow you to operate the vehicle safely and having it safe to be on the highways so not to endanger other drivers. They don't care if you hurt yourself!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
here in RI they wanted to not pass one of my cars because the pedals didn't have rubber on them.
I had to prove to the guy the car didn't come with all rubberized pedals. Since then I've found a place that will pass anything but I know RI is far from the worst.

Id like it if the laws were more lax, but when I look around I see so many stupid people Id probably fear for my life if they were.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Mk3 RS with Sportster CS has different seat bases to the Mk2 RS. Looks lower side profile and none height adjustable.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll extend an open invitation to anybody that wants to swap seats from another country. I'll even gladly pay for shipping both ways.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I wasnt keeping up with the latest info, and a quick search on the Ford website confirmed we are getting the shell seats. Im so relieved actually. Makes me want the car even more now. 6 months to wait...sigh

·
Registered
219 Posts
If my Mrs doesn't like the shell seat I will definitely be going to swap out the seat to one with height & lumbar adjustment. She's small at 5' 2" so height adjustment could be a problem.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts