Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone,

I recently purchased a 2017 RS used and I absolutely love the performance of the vehicle. My biggest gripe at this point...are the seats. I am 6'4 250 lbs (even at 200 I'm a wide shouldered guy) and the position of the seats are incredibly awkward and uncomfortable for me as they seem high and the negative rake also prevents comfort with using the Pedals.

I have already begun looking at seats to replace the ones already in the car (Corbeau LG1 wide being the front runner), but I have some old Cloth Fiesta ST seats I absolutely adored. Very comfortable, were wide and had no bolsters to dig into my very wide frame and I was wondering if these could be a viable option for me to utilize. I've looked into some seat brackets like Planted that are for multiple seat fixtures, but I don't want to buy something "Universal" if they're not gonna work for me. Much appreciated for the assistance, and I hope to be not just a guy who akss questions, but a guy who can provide answers in the future.

Edit: If the Fiesta ST cloth seats don't fit, can I buy the Cloth Focus ST seats and use those on the original bracket?

·
Registered
2016 NB
200 Posts
You should be aware of OCS ID matter. If you swap RS seats with ST or lower-trim Focus ones you'll definitely get a RCM DTC and SRS light on the dash. The SRS checks OCS ID on the self-check and if anything is wrong throws unfixable U3000 DTC.
The first way how to deal with it is to keep OCS mat+sensor+module from RS, so you'll need to disassemble both seats and swap the modules between them.
The second way is try to reprogram RCM data - looks like 737-04-01 cell has the OCSM ID expected to see.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
You could always use the existing seat and purchase the Recaro lowering frame 55mm or the Ford lowering frame 15mm on the factory seats
would you happen to have part numbers for the lowering frames? or some quick reference? this sounds like the solution to my issue with the car.
I believe there is no such thing for the US spec seats sadly!

@White-RS2 must be referring to the shell seats lowering brackets?

If there is a kit made for US specs I haven’t heard about it yet but I’d also be interested for the driver seat!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should be aware of OCS ID matter. If you swap RS seats with ST or lower-trim Focus ones you'll definitely get a RCM DTC and SRS light on the dash. The SRS checks OCS ID on the self-check and if anything is wrong throws unfixable U3000 DTC.
The first way how to deal with it is to keep OCS mat+sensor+module from RS, so you'll need to disassemble both seats and swap the modules between them.
The second way is try to reprogram RCM data - looks like 737-04-01 cell has the OCSM ID expected to see.
I've read some threads that help bypass some of the lights I've heard others run into.

This isn't something I'm gonna rush into for sure. I'm a creature that hates change and if I can get used to the seats as is I'll be fine. I honestly was contemplating the ST seat idea so much because I loved my Fiesta and only had to part ways because of an engine failure.

·
Registered
856 Posts
This is the Ford frame passenger side

This is the Ford frame drivers side

JCR seat lowering set for the shell seats

·
Registered
616 Posts
OP, you can go with the Planted universal seat base and use any aftermarket seat that suits your liking. This would be the best option to reduce the height and you can change the height or angle as you like. And yes, you can satisfy the RCM so you don't get the SRS light easily on the driver's side. The passenger side seat has a pressure bladder and can also have the RCM satisfied.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Do a search on here. Someone installed Focus Titanium seats in their RS for similar reasons without an airbag light. I think they had to trick the occupancy sensor on the passenger side to always think there was a passenger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts