Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the SCT X4? Lots of information on the COBB AP V3 but nothing on the SCT here. Are there any certified SCT tuners in NorCal?

Trying to save a few bucks so I can afford tires. You know how that goes.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I picked up a SCT x4 on ebay for $300. It makes similar power with the off the shelf tune as cobb but apparently its harder to work with for custom tuning than cobb. I can say it made a very big difference.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I picked up a SCT x4 on ebay for $300. It makes similar power with the off the shelf tune as cobb but apparently its harder to work with for custom tuning than cobb. I can say it made a very big difference.
well...if it's a tuning device it shouldn't be considered as 'this can make the same or more power' - it's just an interface to flash, manage, and/or log tunes...the actual tune makes the power

so when comparing different tuning devices you are more-so looking at what they bring to the table for convenience and features and usability

·
Registered
170 Posts
well...if it's a tuning device it shouldn't be considered as 'this can make the same or more power' - it's just an interface to flash, manage, and/or log tunes...the actual tune makes the power

so when comparing different tuning devices you are more-so looking at what they bring to the table for convenience and features and usability
Relax Frances, I think I said it wasn't the best tuning platform. For off the shelf easy gains it's ok if you get one for $300 bucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So pretty much in a nutshell it sounds like it works, harder for tuners to use, Cobb is pricier and more popular.

Sounds like I should bite the bullet and get the Cobb.

Thank you ALL!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
So pretty much in a nutshell it sounds like it works, harder for tuners to use, Cobb is pricier and more popular.

Sounds like I should bite the bullet and get the Cobb.

Thank you ALL!
If you order one before 11/14/16 through @TUNE+ you will get it for 585 instead of 650, plus a custom tune at no additional cost. Bite that bullet fast! A tune is normally $150+ depending on your tuner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts