Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys.

Trying to figure out how many of us here are from or in San Diego. I think we should have a meetup and see how many we can get together. Start up a group that maybe does a monthly or bi-monthly meet and cruise. My old truck trub started out this way (via forums) and picked up more along the way. Maybe we can do the same... what'dya guys think?

All feedback welcomed.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I'm down.....

like I have said I'd love to host garage day at some point too....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was just I San Diego during the St. Patrick weekend.

We often take the kids there to hang out and check out the Zoo, LEGOLAND, and Seaworld. I may not be able to do the Monthly stuff, but I'd be hella down for a garage day and chill.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested in a meet-up somewhere...sometime. I also have a 2015 Mustang (Ecoboost) and am a member of the Mustang Club of San Diego. We have monthly meet-ups and do cruises too. Let's see what the interest level is and see what makes sense for those who are interested. I'm in!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I’m hiding behind the orange curtain atm, but I’d be down to cruise.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Count me in too! I sometimes head out east on a Sunday morning to drive Sunrise Highway which would be fun to do as a group.

Who has had an easy/hassle free HG recall experience and where did you get it done? I’m looking for recommendations for a dealership that’s done at least 1 or 2 already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey San Diego owners....who has had the HG repair done and can recommend a dealership that’s hopefully got some good experience now? I was going to be the 1st at Escondido around a month ago but got cold feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Work in O'side and live in Fallbrook.

I just picked up my car last night from the dealer and got the HG recall done and ARP head studs installed at North County Ford in Vista.
Good experience, you can see more of that story and comments in the "I am getting my HG fixed mega thread", post #2522.

I purchased the car at Lake Elsinore Ford, they were clueless and wouldn't even discuss the addition of the ARP head studs being installed at the time of the FSA.
They went on and on about fraud to Ford if they don't use OE parts only....

I called all over So Cal South looking for a savvy ARP friendly shop, Esco, Ken Groudy Carlsbad, Temecula, Kearny Mesa, el cajon, etc with no luck really.
Ken Groudy in OC, has a Ford speed shop, and I talked with the service manager there and they seemed to be on top of it.
They agreed they would do the ARP studs but weren't booking anything until parts were completely available.
I called when I was told parts were available and he indicated they will be doing the 5 RS's they have on the lot first in April and they were booking appts for May.
That seemed fine with me, I wanted the shop to have a few under there belt anyway.

Whilst dealing with Ken Groudy, I was able to get North County Ford to agree to do the work and they were closer and way more convenient.
They charged me an hour labor for the ARP head studs, which I was fine with.
They said let people know they are willing and ready to do HG recalls.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
San Diego (North Park) here. NB.

I had the head gasket done at Penske La Mesa (where I bought it) about 3 weeks ago.
It did take a long time to get the parts - make sure to ask them to get the parts and then call you before you go in.
After they actually had the parts, it took 2 days.
The Penske rep told me I was the first one they'd done but they had 5 more customers after me, plus 2 from the showroom - I saw several in the shop when I picked mine up.

I should say that I had a poor experience a couple of days later. One of the undercarriage covers attached to the front bumper came undone on the highway, flapped around, and shattered a bunch of plastic pieces off.
I don't know if it was improperly reattached after the HG repair or if I was just unlucky.
I *have* bumped it lightly on a curb or driveway a couple of times since it's so low, but not in the time since the HG.
Penske replaced the cover but it came undone again ~10 miles later.
The second time they replaced the stock ****ty plastic pins with real bolts.
To their credit they were responsive, apologetic, and didn't charge me a dime for any of it. But I have to be at least a little wary.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, guys.

Trying to figure out how many of us here are from or in San Diego. I think we should have a meetup and see how many we can get together. Start up a group that maybe does a monthly or bi-monthly meet and cruise. My old truck trub started out this way (via forums) and picked up more along the way. Maybe we can do the same... what'dya guys think?

All feedback welcomed.
Hello everybody,

Here's a suggestion for a possible meet-up, in the not-too-distant future. Since I also own a 2015 Mustang (Ecoboost), in addition to my 18 RS, I am a member of the Mustang Club of San Diego. One of the things we do is have a monthly get-together. We meet, the first Saturday of every month at 10:00 A.M. We meet in the parking lot of Foster's Freeze in Allied Gardens. Lately, the group has been expanding. Last month, we had over thirty cars show up. We're also attracting other makes and models. We've had Corvettes, Dodge Darts, Nissan GTRs, Camaro ZL1s...you name it...they've showed up. The meet usually runs until about 1:30-2:00 P.M. Many of us hang out together and eat lunch at Foster's.

I checked with our Club officers and they confirmed that they would be more than happy for you to come out and show off your cars. On a few occasions, there has been a cruise after the meet-up, although I don't think there's one scheduled for the May meeting. This month, I'm bringing my RS to the meet. I hope to see some of you others and your RSs too? The details of this event are as follows:

When: Saturday May 5th, 2018

Time: 10:00 A.M. and beyond

Where: Forster's Freeze
5129 Waring Road
San Diego, CA 92120

If there are any questions, please post on this thread or send me a PM. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Steve M.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Konbanwa

New member here. So how many of us are here?

From San Diego I mean. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
18 Participants
nicklulu
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing