Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a post saying thank y'all so much for all the advice, small talk and the pleasure to meet some of y'all at meets while I've owned the car. Unfortunately I am moving into Chicago (I was in the burbs) and I just can't let this car sit on the streets without me worrying about it all the time so I made the decision to let it go. I know I'm going to hit myself over the head for this since this was the most fun car I've ever had the experience to drive, nonetheless learn how to drive manual on but I'm sure the Focus will go to a good home (hopefully). I'll still be lurking around here and maybe things will work out down the road where I can have a proper storage to store one of these beasts again!

Cheers!

Barksie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Aww man so sorry to hear that. I totally get it, though. I live in the ghetto in LA and street park my RS. I was nervous about it for a few weeks but now I’m just enjoying my car every day, come what may.

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Sorry to see you go man. Will you keep the boshido labels from your floor mats, how about your hot mate?

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
You're thinking of my car nick. Can't get rid of me that easily haha! All the best, Barksie! Let us know what you get as a replacement.

Hehehehe..... 😁

Reactions: Barksie

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
388 Posts
I know the feeling I just sold my Corvette on Friday. I was the original owner and had owned my Corvette since new. 31 years. It’s hard to let it go but sometimes you got to do it.

Where are you moving to in the city? I am in North Center and I am in a condo. I never once parked in the garage at my condo because I didn’t trust my neighbors. They aren’t evil just careless, nonetheless once it damaged it’s damaged. If I drove my RS into Chicago I would leave it in the parking lot at work where it could be somewhat safe over night.

I am a lot older than you and I have learned there will always be something you want and there is a never ending supply.

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
@Barksie , apologies for the mix-up.

In any case I am sure you already thought about keeping, and thought about keeping it....... and thought about keeping it.

I wish you all the luck.... and as you said you'll still be here.

I do hope to see you again riding a car of your dreams.... It might be in the RS that you dream of next time but as long as its your (dream) car.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Maybe replace it with a new maverick.
2.0 ecoboost awd then snag a stock rs turbo and bolt it up it fits.
Then get a downpipe and tune. That with a 8 speed trans should be fast. Lol plus cheap enough and a truck you can leave on the street and not care.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
There’s a guy in my region that autocrosses an M2. I REALLY like that car. I see no reason to get rid of my RS though as I REALLY like it too.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,275 Posts
Sad to see it go.
I street my RS in SoCal.
I cant tell you how much I hate those god damn leaf blowers!!!
Nothing more infuriating then when I start washing my car and the gardeners pull up...

Reactions: Dank RS

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My main issue was I love the car so much that I would only prefer to keep it in a garage or at minimum a driveway. Any public street or just people having access to just walk up to the car from a sidewalk gives me anxiety lol. If there was going to be any damage, I would want it to be by me. Just bad experiences of my previous cars getting random dents or keyed from parking on the streets overnight in the city :/

·
Registered
Sept/2016
278 Posts
Wow time to reconsider selling. That's insane value, and I am the exact same way. I recently moved to a new city and actually parked my car like 5 blocks away at a rented spot so it wouldn't be on the street.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts