Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

1. Just purchased a used accessport from a near by RS owner that came with a couple stratified tunes. His RS only has a Catback and K&N CAI, mine has a Catback and green filter and we are both in TX filling up 93. I’m planning on having Stratified re-tune in the near future but want to make sure I’m not running any big risk by using the tune he was sent for his car on mine. I tried both Cobbs stage 1 and Stratified stage 1 and would love to keep the Stratified on until retune.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would be very surprised if you can flash that tune to your car - tuners normally lock tune files to individual vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
No, that is incorrect ^ you can flash it to another car(a Stratified tune anyway), you just won't be able to get revisions to the file, since you aren't the original owner of the tune.

·
Registered
672 Posts
No, that is incorrect ^ you can flash it to another car(a Stratified tune anyway), you just won't be able to get revisions to the file, since you aren't the original owner of the tune.
Wow - learnt something new today! Thanks man and hope the tune is a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If the previous owner has the base tune file (not the refined one), you can use that tune. The refined tune is specific to your engine and may cause damage to another engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Yeah I was able to successfully upload his Stratified tune no problem. My car is also running healthier after multiple datalogs than the off the shelf Cobb stage 1 tune. I’m going to go back to stock OEM tune and wait for retune to be safe. I’ll attach a picture of the accessport with the stratified tune . I have the horse power and toque gauge on just to show what it was making with a Catback and green filter. Seems high to me, but I’m also new to tuning. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the previous owner has the base tune file (not the refined one), you can use that tune. The refined tune is specific to your engine and may cause damage to another engine.
Makes sense. I will see if he does. If not, will just go back to stock for the time being. Price is fair for new tune through them. Thanks for you help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts