1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Uh I dont see that version coming across the pond. Ford will save it for europe.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It would kindve make me mad, but nothing really that couldn't be achieved performance wise (or at least close to) by weight reduction and power upgrades. IMO of course. Normal car isn't even out for 4 months and a performance edition of a performance car is already being advertised lol.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Shell seats in the front, no backseat, no air conditioning, no air bags.... nah keep it in europe

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This is why I'm not getting first year production RS. If they don't sell this in the states....I'm moving to Europe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've talked to my dealer about putting my hat into the ring for a(n) RS 350-500 by Ford Performance Racing.

As for what I see them releasing.. I do not expect it to be too much of a departure from the RS, Just moAr of the Possibilities of RS, with factory upgrades & upscale engineering w/some flare perhaps.

W/ full-on MagnaRide system & suspension, robust engine with upgraded turbos & exhaust for better/efficient breathing (and racing), matching that up with the new 9spd DCT trans and of coarse some use of carbon fiber panels, or fascia to move weight around. Double-spoilers & what about CF half shafts?, etc..

Along with a Spartan interior (not too extreme, still useful as an everyday driver) but with an upscale diminutive cockpit. With an upscale performance price too! Starting $48k..?

The RS itself does not necessarily need to be "limited" either.. & see market for such a not-so-niche-car is going to be about 17k in US over 3 years... & for a car like the RS500 .. i'd like to think that a good 7k people would be really vested in getting their hands on one for $52k OTD. (Competing directly with BMW's M2 on the track)

FWIW:
Ford should think about doing a "as ordered" type of production for the RS. Having an order bank, & making lumps of them 4 months apart, etc.

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
I didn't see a mention of bonnet or boot so I'm rather leery on the authenticity of the British write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If it happens, ford honestly doesn't have an excuse not to. The rest of the world should get a chance as well. Keep in mind though, the last RS500 sold out in about 12 hours.
True that...and it sold out before the price was announced. Ended up with a MSRP that was 27% more than the standard RS. Who knows what ADM's got tacked onto that baby.

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
Well, we haven't even taken delivery of the FoRS and this is getting hyped up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just thinking, if the Mk3 RS could have Magnetic Suspension and Rev Match feature, this will bring it closer to more like the C7 Corvette in terms of value.

·
Registered
558 Posts
^ Would love a rev match manual, and am a bit surprised they didn't go for it. As to the MRC, the engineers stated in their tech presentation that the switchable dampers they chose have a greater variance in response between the two settings than can be provided with an MRC system.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Magnetic suspension adjusts in variable conditions as you're driving, RS suspension is a set setting while driving.

Magnetic will adjust as I corner, brake, accelerate, can't get any better than that

·
Registered
558 Posts
Magnetic suspension adjusts in variable conditions as you're driving, RS suspension is a set setting while driving.

Magnetic will adjust as I corner, brake, accelerate, can't get any better than that
Yes, I would prefer that adaptability over having a rock-hard track option for the RS as well. But the RS is intended to be an ultra-high performance car, equivalent to the GT350 - and that does not get Magneride standard either, you have to fork over for an expensive option package to obtain it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What a load of..........speculation. Ford say it's under consideration. What are they saying? Nothing! The rest of the conversation is made by the journalist. Speculation again. Given the hype associated with this car, it makes absolute sense to capitalise on such fodder and this sells magazines. Personally, I will be more than happy with my RS mk III - more than powerful enough, expensive enough to insure and enough thrills to satisfy - who gives a toss about this tabloid article?........

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
21 Participants
Timeless
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing