Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am not trying to start with the sky is falling... Today I heard a rumor on Instagram that a design flaw was discovered in the RS and Saarlouis is putting production is on hold. This is probably complete BS, however, has anyone else heard this? Flame me all you want for starting this. No, I am not trolling. Just trying to figure out if this is even remotely true. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
15,360 Posts
Rumor, did a search on Instagram and nothing showed up from the search.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It has been discussed in other threads in here that some European build dates are being pushed back. No one knows the reason for sure but it does seem that build dates are shifting.

·
Super Moderator
15,360 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Agree , I saw a thread on here about UK based RS's being pushed back due to a flaw found at the plant. All orders pushed back.

·
Super Moderator
15,360 Posts
Anyone have a friend on FB that works at Saarlouis?

·
Registered
591 Posts
That article is from MARCH 14th, 2012!!

For now, I'll say any talk about a production delay is pure rumor until I see an actual statement from Ford or the factory.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I'd rather hear only from someone inside Ford than see threads started on rumors alone. It only spreads Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD).

Jim

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Anyone else think its weird that 2weeks before production and we still arent scheduled or given vin#'s?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Commented by another forum member on something I posted. Like I said, figured it wasn't true but figured I'd ask.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
34 Participants
focus pilot
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing