Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching the VINs and build dates. Here's where we're at.

9 were built on 1/12/2016
8 were built on 1/11/2016
2 were built on 1/8/2016 (Friday, guess they were tired, or had to adjust something)
7 were built on 1/7/2016
6 were built on 1/6/2016
4 were built on 12/16/2015
4 were built on 12/15/2015
2 were built on 12/14/2015

·
Registered
520 Posts
Been watching the VINs and build dates. Here's where we're at.

9 were built on 1/12/2016
8 were built on 1/11/2016
2 were built on 1/8/2016 (Friday, guess they were tired, or had to adjust something)
7 were built on 1/7/2016
6 were built on 1/6/2016
4 were built on 12/16/2015
4 were built on 12/15/2015
2 were built on 12/14/2015
Wait what? I thought there was a delay and none had been built yet......

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Are these just based off the VINs we /know/ about or are you digging beyond the list?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. Vins are just a list, the only tricky part is the check digit, but the algorithm to calculate it is pretty simple. Just set that up in excel and created a list then started running them in fords system. It seems to update every night. I don't know that any of these are "our" cars as the options appear to be all over the place.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nope. Vins are just a list, the only tricky part is the check digit, but the algorithm to calculate it is pretty simple. Just set that up in excel and created a list then started running them in fords system. It seems to update every night. I don't know that any of these are "our" cars as the options appear to be all over the place.
Ahh makes sense. Well the 14th is tomorrow so hopefully we'll hear some news on our cars from the Ford guys then.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very clever. Care to share some of those VINs? I'd like to check them out.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heh... Smart focker! Nice. :D

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Got it. Very very clever.

The good news: I have full visibility of these orders in the Order Fulfillment database.

The bad news: I checked the 8 VINs from 11JAN production. 2 appear to be heading to Mexico and 6 are special purpose vehicles headed to Michigan.

My glass is half full. I am grinning from ear to ear that I can see them!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Got it. Very very clever.

The good news: I have full visibility of these orders in the Order Fulfillment database.

The bad news: I checked the 8 VINs from 11JAN production. 2 appear to be heading to Mexico and 6 are special purpose vehicles headed to Michigan.

My glass is half full. I am grinning from ear to ear that I can see them!
I'm have no idea what you can see with these VINs, but I guess at least if we don't start seeing information from our own dealers or through our order numbers we can check the destinations and configurations on these VINs and be fairly confident that a matching vehicle going to your (state? city? dealer?) is going to be your car. Worst case scenario.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Smart, Intelligent - People

Very clever. Care to share some of those VINs? I'd like to check them out.
Heh... Smart focker! Nice. :D
Then you must be a smart focker as well. ;-)
I have found there are a lot of intelligent, smart, articulate people on this forum, willing to provide up-to-date information. This is the best, most active, and most infomative RS Forum by far, do in no part to our great administrator, great moderators, great Ford Reps - @NickJ , @dkirby, @mboles2 and most of all our outstanding forum members.

Everyone, give themselves a pat on the back! :) :cool: ;)

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm have no idea what you can see with these VINs, but I guess at least if we don't start seeing information from our own dealers or through our order numbers we can check the destinations and configurations on these VINs and be fairly confident that a matching vehicle going to your (state? city? dealer?) is going to be your car. Worst case scenario.
We can cross reference the VINs directly to dealer and order codes, if they were retail orders.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Woo Hoo! If they are building them, then they will be shipping them, then people will be picking them up and driving them... Then maybe we'll get some real reviews! Woo Hoo!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
34 Participants
j0shm1lls
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing