Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I bet a few of us going to the RSAA are here on the forums. I'll start by saying Hello!

Chime in if your going. Can't wait to do RSAA. Hope ya'll didn't get killed on the plane prices like I did....

-Ed

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Ed, I'll be there.

I had enough CC points for the plane ticket as well as the rental and hotel for me and the Mrs.

You bringing a Go Pro?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
however you drive,, when its the instructors turn, they will thrash it harder then you, lol

Hi Nicklulu.

I don't currently have a gopro. But I was thinking about it and it would sure be fun to have some footage of what those cars are capable of. I probably wont though go get one though.

I'll also leave this link here for events for the Mrs. and for the evening (not sure when we get done):
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900076777/60-plus-events-for-utahs-2019-fourth-of-july-celebrations.html

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
however you drive,, when its the instructors turn, they will thrash it harder then you, lol
Absolutely. I remember when I was there and doing my own laps, I thought I was pushing the car reasonably hard and doing pretty good. Once the instructor got in the driver's seat I realized that I wasn't even scratching the surface of what the car is capable of. It's really tough to get in the mode of "drive it like you stole it" when you're used to daily driving it. Regardless it was a hell of an experience and I loved every second.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think I'll end I'll paying the insurance. I don't want to have to think about it while I'm driving.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I was thinking the same way at first. I checked when I did my NASCAR experience it was just a waiver and I was no where close of blowing it up.

$135 can get you some swag/merch at their store.

Still on the fence on that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the insurance. But I'm planning on going more aggressive than I'd like. So, a little piece of mind. But normally, I wouldn't opp for the insurance. But I've read many members felt the insurance wasn't necessary the way it was setup.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Yeah, form what I read most owners pushes the cars there.

But as @Ankah said, the instructors pushes the heck out of it and you won't even be close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neat video I found:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Absolutely. I remember when I was there and doing my own laps, I thought I was pushing the car reasonably hard and doing pretty good. Once the instructor got in the driver's seat I realized that I wasn't even scratching the surface of what the car is capable of. It's really tough to get in the mode of "drive it like you stole it" when you're used to daily driving it. Regardless it was a hell of an experience and I loved every second.
I went to the sesh on Labor Day weekend last year, and some of us met up for drinks after in downtown SLC, and we were talking about how we thought we used like 75-80% of the cars potential daily driving, just to find out you use like 20% or less and we should have saved $20k+ and bought an ST, hahahaha.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
A couple of more days!

I already packed my luggage last night!

I still need to fix my backpack though :encouragement:

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I would agree. I have not got the names jot down earlier.

Couple of us booked in the Best Western, it's closer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts