Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else dealing with this? They touch each other and are constantly squeaking. Most noticeably from the driver's seat contacting the leather on the armrest. It's maddening. Has anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else dealing with this? They touch each other and are constantly squeaking. Most noticeably from the driver's seat contacting the leather on the armrest. It's maddening. Has anyone found a fix?
Yes. The squak is generated when leather (seat) touches leather (armrest). Try this, move the seat and make sure the contact is alcantara (seat) with leather (armrest), the squeak will disappear. In my case the problem came from passenger seat so it was a quick fix. (I drive close to the steering wheel, so no squeaking).

I have the regular seats.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah, mine does this. I was just going to put a little bit of leather polish on both surfaces (just the contact points) and see if it stopped the squeak. That or Vaseline.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
I moved my seat over as much as the bolt holes would allow and the squeak was gone....... for a while. It's back in the drivers seat as the side bolsters spread a little with use. Some people are sticking felt (or other materials) on the lid where the seat seam makes contact. This problem is noted on the ST sites as well. Plain and simple, the glovebox lid is too wide for the Recaro seats. There's another thread on this from a month or more back and I asked if any of our European forum members could measure the width of the sliding lid they get. I didn't get a response that I saw. A quick solution when it gets too much is to put a piece of paper between them. I'm seriously considering making a new narrower glovebox lid with leather and blue stitching.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
RS2 seat bottom rotates / clicks

Has anyone else run into the issue of their seat bottom rotating/clicking? It looks like it was an uncommon issue among ST3 owners, but I haven't seen anything pop up about it here yet. Going to stop by the dealership today to see about getting the seat track replaced.

For reference, the focusst.org thread:
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/45474-2015-st-loose-wobbly-seat.html

Reactions: ElSnapitan

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I haven't noticed mine clicking at all, however it seems mine slowly drifts backwards. Every couple weeks I have to move the seat forward about an inch. I don't seem to be shrinking...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I saw that, but if there is more of an issue with the seat later, I don't want to have to prove that the brackets didn't break something.
I can understand that.

On my car, from what I could tell, the clamps under the seat were lacking friction. I wasn't horribly concerned about it because they weren't noticeably loose, I just stopped the side to side movement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone else run into the issue of their seat bottom rotating/clicking? It looks like it was an uncommon issue among ST3 owners, but I haven't seen anything pop up about it here yet. Going to stop by the dealership today to see about getting the seat track replaced.

2015 ST - Loose/Wobbly Seat...

mine definitely does this, was just wondering today if anyone else experienced this

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't want to read anything into the comments here but these are new cars. Why would you be avoiding a trip to the dealer? It puts you in Ford's CRM regardless of whether they "fix" it the report is there in case you have additional issues. If there is an issue it is in the dealers interest to fix it as they get paid for doing so. And, finally, it helps the rest of us because if the seats are wonky and enought are reported Ford issues a recall. Just saying your last resort should be fixing it yourself, not the first.

·
Registered
104 Posts

2015 ST - Loose/Wobbly Seat...
It's good to know that it's not just me. I keep checking for a lacrosse ball rolling under my seat. I seem to notice it sporadically on low speed turns. A complaint like that should keep my dealer busy. I'm getting my PCM/BCM update done on Friday. I'll make sure it gets noted.
Surprisingly, my dealer was able to duplicate my concern. They offered to repair the seat by pulling the bottom upholstery back, replacing the front upholstery clips and replacing some collars or washers to tighten up the occasional clunk. The service writer didn't get too specific, but stated he'd need my car for the day while the warranty work was done and that a loaner would be provided. Well done.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Chalk up another one. I was waiting to let my dealer know when I brought it in for an oil change. But its good to know that others are experiencing the issue and its not just me.

I don't notice it as much anymore, but it started doing it to me when I was on track at Autobahn. Talk about a confidence killer! Concentrating on learning a new course, and then the seat starts shifting left and right when I'm pushing the car into the corners.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hadn't seen this thread and just took my car to the dealer on Monday due to the seat moving side to side. The tech looked at it and said that it was normal and the seat was designed so the "bushings" could slide on the rail.

@FordService this does not seem like how a seat should function. A seat (especially performance oriented) should be rock solid and not slide back and forth under moderate cornering load. My seat didn't do it when new and some seats move and some don't so how is this normal or by design?

The tech said the only thing he could think of was replacing the seat as the bushings were not adjustable. Because he thought it was normal for the seat to move, he said it would have to be approved by the service manager. I hadn't thought of adding the sway bar collars but did think of adding worm gear clamps in a similar fashion. That seems to be keeping the seat from moving for now but not sure how it will hold up under higher cornering forces of time. Ford should step up and fix this but doesn't look like there has been much indication of that happening in the linked ST thread.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I don't want to read anything into the comments here but these are new cars. Why would you be avoiding a trip to the dealer? It puts you in Ford's CRM regardless of whether they "fix" it the report is there in case you have additional issues. If there is an issue it is in the dealers interest to fix it as they get paid for doing so. And, finally, it helps the rest of us because if the seats are wonky and enought are reported Ford issues a recall. Just saying your last resort should be fixing it yourself, not the first.
Hmmm...Because the service industry as a whole sucks to include most dealer service departments..if it's not plug and play they're lost..It's a place I will Visit only for major system failure/s during the warrenty period only...jmho...This will be my first Ford maybe their service department are different...rant over...my bad....

1 - 20 of 245 Posts