Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to Ford, Helm Inc. is their vendor for all their manuals. I called Helm and they said they have the Workshop Manual for the 2016 Focus RS, the Electric included for $177 on DVD. I ordered one and it will be here in 7-10 days. We'll see if it's the "good one", and not a Haynes wannabe... Their # is 1-800-782-4356 if you're inclined to inquire...

.........I'd rather you pay them... My price exceeds theirs....

Reactions: DocWalt and GrayRS

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Let us know how that works out. Their website doesn't list a 2016 RS option, and 2017 RS says it won't be available until 9/30.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let us know how that works out. Their website doesn't list a 2016 RS option, and 2017 RS says it won't be available until 9/30.
Did you call their sales #?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No, but I'm also not in a huge rush to get the manual.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No, but I'm also not in a huge rush to get the manual.
Oh, hey, neither am I. Actually I'm playing catch up. I have the .. l'auto... but not how it works, and how to fix it?... I can't tell you the elation when I received the Official Workshop Manual for my '65 Healey 3000 I had sitting in my gravel and wooden floored garage....

Intelligence isn't always about what you have in your head. It's knowing where to go , and what you need , to find what you want....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEP, Helm has the "ALL FOCUS" DVD Available. The RS is Included in the info... Not to enthused by the layout. I'd rather have a book.

Reactions: pasque and DocWalt

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Any way for you to screenshot a couple of the pages to show the layout? I'd personally much rather have a book too, but it is what it is...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
@finalley did your order come with an invoice with a specific item number?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...let me scrounge thru the RS folder... I'll get back...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but can you copy the file and access it from an iPad or tablet? I'd be interested in buying a copy, but the CD-ROM thing scares me. I'd have to drag my old PC out of the closet to even read it. If I couldn't transfer the files to at least a laptop or even better an iPad then I'd say thats a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...Contact Helm, perhaps they may make it available in a Flash drive....that could be more conducive to future proofing...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
...Contact Helm, perhaps they may make it available in a Flash drive....that could be more conducive to future proofing...
The DVD Version just went on sale. Ordered it

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
These are ST manuals not RS manuals.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
These are ST manuals not RS manuals.
No, it's the RS manual. Look at Helm's site under 2017. It's the RS. It only runs in a Windows environment. The only thing I could do the speed things up was to image the disc and mount it via a virtual drive. Massive speed difference. But the software the runs the manual is literally from the Windows XP era.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 3.50.39 PM.png

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I searched Helm and could not find anything close to what you posted at www.helminc.com Link please.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts