Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the wheels that will possibly come with this car? With they be Ford Manufactured or sourced from BBS or OZ like Evo's and STI's do with their wheels? From looking at the pictures that were just release the wheels look great and really can't see wanting to replace them. Again though you think Ford will produce them? And if so will weight be a priority on making them being that they are 19" now? Just was wondering what y'all are thinking. They seemed to look like BBS wheels I've seen before so was curious if they were going to outsourced or not.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I can't really comment on production and as far as weight goes the only info we have is that the optional forged rims are 1.3 lighter then the stockers per rim.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't really comment on production and as far as weight goes the only info we have is that the optional forged rims are 1.3 lighter then the stockers per rim.
Yeah thats the only thing I have found so far. Not much difference IMO.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Those wheels will be available as an upcharge. Looks like those 15ish spoke wheels will be base option

·
Registered
56 Posts
THe wheels on the car in NY right now will be the ones that come with the racing tires. I don't know what the other ones will look like but they will probably whatever the top of the line ST wheels are (best guess).

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I decide to go with the optional wheels, I hope I have the option of picking between the 2 types of tires.

THe wheels on the car in NY right now will be the ones that come with the racing tires. I don't know what the other ones will look like but they will probably whatever the top of the line ST wheels are (best guess).
These are the standard rims but they will probably come in black.

ForumRunner_20150203_174821.png
2015-ford-focus-rs-17.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up (for me at least). I am going to buy the hotter wheel & tire package, for the exclusivity, and then I will put non-racing tires on the wheels and will probably buy a set of wheels for the winter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
they wont use the ST wheels. it will be more exclusive. Theres like 16 wheels across the focus lineup they wont cheap out now

·
Super Moderator
15,469 Posts
A little life to this thread: What happened to these wheels from the test mules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,469 Posts
That's good news and it would appear that they were plasti dipped or the brake dust is going to be as bad as the FoST. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
can anyone whos seen the standard wheels in person compare them to the new 2015 Edge sport 21" wheels finish? I love the new Edge wheels and hope the magnetite RS wheels look similar.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The RS they had at the Indy Auto Show had them. I didn't get a single picture of them , but I did check them out. They look to be not matte black and not gloss silver, but somewhere in between. I haven't seen the Edge in person but from the few high res press photos that I've seen it looks to be the same finish. Which looks way better than what the online configurator shows. I might have actually been happy with them.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I love the spoke design on the stock wheels and I'm sure I'd be happy either way but I just keep checking out this white Edge sport we have with those wheels and the finish and pattern just look great lol I coulda got the Edge sport for cheaper too!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I hope they're as cool as the '15 edge sport 21" wheels. my wife's rocking a white edge sport with the 21's and it looks fantastic. Probably would have done the RS in white if it hadn't been for her car....don't want my driveway looking like one of those russian dolls lol.

I like the look of the base wheel...and the economics were such that I'd rather stick with base wheels / PSS's and get something more esoteric in the aftermarket if / when that time comes. For now, as a daily / inclement weather driver, I'm liking the stockers along with the NB color.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That's a beautiful Ford line up you have! I have a customers GT350 coming in in Avalanche gray, can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's a beautiful Ford line up you have! I have a customers GT350 coming in in Avalanche gray, can't wait to see it.
thanks...can't wait to see the AG in person. I've seen the gt350 in person twice and been on track with it twice but haven't seen AG in person. I'm sure I'll dig it. It's on the train right now heading through Illinois.
One of my favorite non-Ford Fords (I bought it through a dealer auction when Ford still owned LR about 9 years ago) is my trusty LR3. (you can see the edge sport in the reflection, as well as a bit of my fusion energi aka the chick magnet lol.)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts