Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Those are 4 lugs, so more issues than just clearing the brakes.
Eh...totally forgot that. I should know that considering I just sold my 29K mile SVT focus in January.

·
Registered
4 Posts
these wheels are not new they are the euro wheels on the last gen RS I currently have a set on my 13 ST possibly going to sell them separately from ST soon DM me if seriously interested.. st 2.JPG

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Man, someone's mixing a little lead into those castings. I hope their forged wheels are actually light. Otherwise, I see a set of forged aftermarket wheels in the future.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man, someone's mixing a little lead into those castings. I hope their forged wheels are actually light. Otherwise, I see a set of forged aftermarket wheels in the future.
At 1300 for the set, I may be able to get a set of BBS for just a bit more. All depends on weight.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The weight listed says package weight. That would be the weight of the wheel, box, and all of the packing material.
Very true... Let's hope they're packaged in wood crates. :cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
At 1300 for the set, I may be able to get a set of BBS for just a bit more. All depends on weight.
If 18's worked, you could pick up a set of OZ Ultraleggera's for the same price, at 18.2 lbs each. That'd be almost 12 pounds lighter per corner. Well, san's the weight of the wood crates the Ford Performance wheels come in. ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The 19s are MK2 RS wheels. FYI
And an interesting footnote on those as well.

"WARNING!

Only use the Ford Performance Focus RS lug nuts with Ford Performance RS Wheels.

The RS wheel is NOT compatible with the standard North American lug nuts that came on your Focus.

Use of other lug nuts may result in the wheel coming loose from the hub and loss of vehicle control resulting in potential injury or death. You must retain the original equipment lug nuts for use with original wheels and/or spare tire where applicable"

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
How about the carbon fiber rims the new sheby mustang rocks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
How about the carbon fiber rims the new sheby mustang rocks? These rims also look good from the boss 302. image.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
2016 focus rs wheels will most likely be

19x8 , 5x108, 55 offset, as I have posted from another thread stating that the test focus rs had the 19 inch wheels Y shaped wheels from the fusion which were speced the same.

It was noted by a member of another forum that the Mk2 Rs wheel will not clear the brembos on the 2016 Rs without spacers. The Mk2 Rs wheel is 60 offset, 19x8.5

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, didn't know they made the Mk2 RS wheel available here. Don't remember seeing them there when I was looking at getting the 18" ST wheel if it will clear everything. If the stock wheel is 19x8, I may just not bother with the forged wheels and just get sport tires, then get the 18"s with some Dunlop Z2StarSpecs for auto-x.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wonder how much Ford will sell the GT350R rims for... Carbon Revolution (who makes them) sells them for around $15k a set from all the prices I have ever seen!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wonder how much Ford will sell the GT350R rims for... Carbon Revolution (who makes them) sells them for around $15k a set from all the prices I have ever seen!
If you get the carbon fiber wheels to fit somehow, you'll need to retune your dampers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts