Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Agree that a Stage II STI with better tires, upgraded suspension is a different car....but I suspect so would a modded Type R. Mostly agree with the conclusion, except I just have a hard time with the "over the top styling" on the type R.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'd like to drive a Type R. It seems like a really fun car from those that have driven them. I wouldn't own it because of the styling. I feel like Honda could have made it just as functional aero-wise without it looking like it does.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Focus RS vs Civic Type R and Subaru STI Drag Race!

Hey guys,

Check out this great new review we did on the Focus RS, Civic Type R and Subi STI ... very interesting results!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
668 Posts
Agree that a Stage II STI with better tires, upgraded suspension is a different car....but I suspect so would a modded Type R. Mostly agree with the conclusion, except I just have a hard time with the "over the top styling" on the type R.
"Over the top styling" is going to be my new Type-R wording. I just cant take it personally. Same with the STI wing, but the Type-R still takes that styling to a whole other level haha. All 3 great cars though.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well you're wrong for 2 reasons. Back in 2016 when the RS was released in Canada (this is a Canadian vid), we only got Cup2s. The other reason is because they're clearly Cup2s:

Cup2

PSS

·
Registered
159 Posts
What I'm finding is that the rs gets beat by the type r on pss and beats it on cup 2s. That's the difference in a lot of these videos that isn't being pointed out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
What I'm finding is that the rs gets beat by the type r on pss and beats it on cup 2s. That's the difference in a lot of these videos that isn't being pointed out.
Mind you, none of the Type R reviews I have seen are in the wet. The cynical conspiracy theorist in me posits that Honda might not be too keen to see their unicorn flopping around a soggy track getting pantsed by the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mind you, none of the Type R reviews I have seen are in the wet. The cynical conspiracy theorist in me posits that Honda might not be too keen to see their unicorn flopping around a soggy track getting pantsed by the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ya but isnt it obvious that awd would win that fight? something honda chose to give up to reach their price point, lets see if the rumored awd ctr comes to fruition

·
Banned
713 Posts
Yes I agree with what he said "... that was a good race and it was pretty much exactly as we thought it would be, the RS just smoked them completely" CTR not so good when the don't use the added horsepower special CTR test car.

Come on the RS is king of the hot hatches :victorious:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
targetarcher
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing