Ford Focus RS Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ha ha ha touche , the annual road worthy is bullshit, I agree.
But, but, we do have SMSP and ahhh I dunno.....you win!!:D:p

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ha ha ha touche , the annual road worthy is bullshit, I agree.
But, but, we do have SMSP and ahhh I dunno.....you win!!:D:p
I used to do track days there when it was called Easter Creek, there and Oran park. It was a decent track to ride around but not in the league of Phillip Island which is in the top three race tracks in the world IMHO. I do miss very badly though the Sydney winters. Melbourne winters are a miserable sunless chore.

Ciao

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, did a few at Eastern Creek, and a couple at the now deleted Oran Park myself!
Isn't Melbourne weather just 5hithouse all year round? 😂👎

Back on topic, mine goes into Ford tomorrow, to have the timing case leak sorted out, hoping this will be the end of the whole saga!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
RE: Oil leak

Banjo not leaking.
No leaks/weeps from anywhere above.
Will probably check again in a few months (car only travels about 3000klm a year now.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Update on mine; after pressurising the engine they found the feed line from block to turbo had split and was pissing out from there, that will be replaced and the whole lot cleaned down, then they will be re checking to ensure its not coming from timing case or anywhere else.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
@Jimbo

First I've ever heard of that feed line splitting on any car.

Although on my previous car (XR6T) I replaced that line with an earls line & filter so that I could have an easily removable/serviceable feed line filter.
The XR6T had a non-serviceable one that was prone to blockage. Then turbo goes bang.

Which got me thinking - is there a filter between the block and the turbo ?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@Jimbo

First I've ever heard of that feed line splitting on any car.

Although on my previous car (XR6T) I replaced that line with an earls line & filter so that I could have an easily removable/serviceable feed line filter.
The XR6T had a non-serviceable one that was prone to blockage. Then turbo goes bang.

Which got me thinking - is there a filter between the block and the turbo ?
Its normally the concertina turbo drain line that gets damaged during the HG replacement if they aren't careful to not move the turbo around too much. That's why they request you remove the two top turbo mount studs from the head and not just the nuts so you dont need to move the turbo around too much to get it off the studs,which is where the drain line is often damaged. Also susceptible during PTU replacement.

Ciao

·
Registered
105 Posts
@lucky phil

Well I havent had either of those jobs done so fark knows how this has happened. And mine isn't the return line it's the feed line.

@Cheech

The service manager told me there is a filter in the feed line that has the split in it and that will be part of the bits they are replacing!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
@lucky phil

Well I havent had either of those jobs done so fark knows how this has happened. And mine isn't the return line it's the feed line.

@Cheech

The service manager told me there is a filter in the feed line that has the split in it and that will be part of the bits they are replacing!
I had to take a peek for myself to see that there was a filter in the feed line. It looks like a $4 part has caused your problems:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got the car back, havent had time to check it over, will be a job for the weekend, will report back after inspection.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts