Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2018 nitrous blue RS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檓 trying to determine if the Ford performance short throw shifter M-7210-FRS. Is the same as the one that comes in the focus RS from the factory or is it actually a true upgrade

thank you in advance 馃槉

Registered
They are certainly not the same. It shortens the throw and the overall height of the shifter and replaces the plastic shift linkage arm to a metal one.

That said, it being an "upgrade" is subjective IMHO. I wanted the shirt throws but also wanted a stiffer centering spring and a much taller shifter, so I ended up going with the CAE.

Registered
Do you have experience with the install process?
Yes and it was not too daunting for someone of my skill level. I don't work on cars much outside of the regular maintenance.

Definitely shop around, though. As said above, there are different sizes out there that may suit you better. I only bought the Ford one because it's Ford.

Registered
The boomba is a lot cheaper. I've had mine for ~50k miles so far and have been happy.

Registered
Do you have experience with the install process?
see the attached links for install:

Registered
@nicklulu @BigFatFlip @Crystals

Why is the OP asking about whether he should buy a ford performance short shifter M-7210-FRS when, according to the picture he posted on another thread, it is already in his possession ? Also, according to his own post he has already sold his car.

Possible scammer?

I鈥檓 trying to determine if the Ford performance short throw shifter M-7210-FRS. Is the same as the one that comes in the focus RS from the factory or is it actually a true upgrade

thank you in advance 馃槉
Thanks guys I usually like to stay with ford stuff.l, but will look into it.
okay last question. What鈥檚 a decent price for the ford short shifter.
I have a new in box one for sale. I never installed. it View attachment 364286

Registered

Why is the OP asking about whether he should buy a ford performance short shifter M-7210-FRS when, according to the picture he posted on another thread, it is already in his possession ? Also, according to his own post he has already sold his car.

Possible scammer?
No, just skirting the FS rules as best he can from what I can ascertain

Super Moderator

Possible scammer?

Noted.

Reactions: Max
1 - 18 of 18 Posts