Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did notice that Ford doesn't offer a factory remote start in the Focus ST, I assume will be the same for the RS. Has anyone put one in their ST. Recommendations for brands and price? Cost to install? Satisfied with results?

·
Registered
285 Posts
So I did notice that Ford doesn't offer a factory remote start in the Focus ST, I assume will be the same for the RS. Has anyone put one in their ST. Recommendations for brands and price? Cost to install? Satisfied with results?
I have a Compustar RSG6-AL in my ST. Can't speak to price as it was a gift from my son. He is an installer at BestBuy Geek squad. I like it. 1 mile range which has been sufficient for all my needs. The exit sequence is easy. Car in neutral, pull ebrake, exit car, car locks doors and shuts off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only place I have found for remote start for the RS is Edmonton. There is a local electronics company out there that has developed a command start system $1050 installed and you give up a key (transponder) quality is comparable to viper and compustor

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The only place I have found for remote start for the RS is Edmonton. There is a local electronics company out there that has developed a command start system $1050 installed and you give up a key (transponder) quality is comparable to viper and compustor
Holy thread necro....

You always lose a key when adding remote start to car with chipped keys. The real question for the RS is, how do they prevent the key from being detected by the car? The key has to be visible from the time you start the car to the time you stop it. Then it should no longer be visible. So it better be some kind of box with a faraday cage and remote transmitter that is only active during remote start operation....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Biznatch
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing