Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A video was just released from the NYC motor show, and the boost gauge reads 30 PSI redline...did they just put that there to toy with our hearts? lol. I know the ST has a 25 psi gauge and only gets around 20, so obviously the gauge will leave some room on the table. But even at 25 psi the 2.3 would be putting out around 430 hp...dare I dream?

·
Vendor
76 Posts
Link to video?

430hp would be a stretch on the small (albeit larger than the mustang) stock turbo. However, from what I'm seeing, it should be close to 340hp factory and with bolt ons and tune, I wouldn't be surprised if it could touch 400hp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A video was just released from the NYC motor show, and the boost gauge reads 30 PSI redline...did they just put that there to toy with our hearts? lol. I know the ST has a 25 psi gauge and only gets around 20, so obviously the gauge will leave some room on the table. But even at 25 psi the 2.3 would be putting out around 430 hp...dare I dream?
Only 20 pounds in your ST? I've hit 23 pounds in mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never bothered to look actually, I'm just going by the factory numbers. The Canadian version of the gauge is stupid anyway, it's in bars so it's pretty hard to tell what level you're at since it's such a small spread

·
Registered
21 Posts
Curious... Why does no one seem to run a boost controller? When I had my srt4 it was relatively normal to run full bolt ons, exhaust, and a boost controller/stronger wastegate on the stock turbo. Tons of power added. No tune.

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
It looks like FFTEC.com could be a possible vendor for the FoRS platform since Performance package IV is being offered for a decent price for the EB Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It looks like FFTEC.com could be a possible vendor for the FoRS platform since Performance package IV is being offered for a decent price for the EB Mustang.

Not bad at all for what they are offering, the next question would be do they plan on fabricating parts for the RS.

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
Yeah, I bet it'll be about the production numbers as to whether or not FFTEC will consider the FoRS platform.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I hit 23.4psi or something like that all day long in my '14 ST3 via: FSWerks 93 Octane Stage-1 race tune.
...well at least that's what my Access Port says.

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
I am sorry but a Mustang should have a V8 snarl as cool as it sounds for the Focus pretty sad on the Stang.
Yeah, the last EB Mustang I heard with stock exhaust was a bit of a disappointment. (But I bet inside the cabin it sounds a little better with the sound symposer, I haven't driven in one yet) Can't wait to hear the crackle of the FoRS exhaust once it hits the streets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
17 Participants
wildkats
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing