Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
exciting news! It looks like that intake from the few engine shots we saw is actually the final product.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
. I saw ford performance cams somewhere for the 2.3EB for the mustang and they were really inexpensive. I saw on Instagram that mountune had a RS for development. By the time the car comes out there will be enough aftermarket parts to build another car.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff on the market soon after we will be getting the RS, and may even be able to order your RS with performance parts installed by the dealer. I have heard some talk of a performance tune already in the works, so to see them benchmarking other parts is a very good sign.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff on the market soon after we will be getting the RS, and may even be able to order your RS with performance parts installed by the dealer. I have heard some talk of a performance tune already in the works, so to see them benchmarking other parts is a very good sign.

That would be awesome, but a fully loaded RS with a bunch of mountune goodies could set one back 44-48 grand I imagine.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That would be awesome, but a fully loaded RS with a bunch of mountune goodies could set one back 44-48 grand I imagine.
Some will do it just because they are afraid of voiding their warranty. I would see what they had available, especially considering I could start moding my RS with less then 100 miles on it :D

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
Damn mountune getting an RS before me!
Well, if it makes you feel any better this SHOULD be Mountune UK.

If it's Mountune USA we all have every right to feel slighted!

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
That shot of the RS CAI looks awfully familiar (from earlier RS hood/bonnet shots) but the horseshoe airbox is what was leaked a little while ago.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey fellas,

I posted a few weeks back a link to a podcast with the CEO of Mountune America speaking about RS development and the collaborative work with Ford in keeping upgraded "stages" (yes high power upgrades) within covered warranty.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hey fellas,

I posted a few weeks back a link to a podcast with the CEO of Mountune America speaking about RS development and the collaborative work with Ford in keeping upgraded "stages" (yes high power upgrades) within covered warranty.

Cheers
Wheres the link

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Can someone post a pic of this horseshoe air box? Do you all mean the intake piping for the compressor inlet?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
mofoRS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing