1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I try every day, multiple times a day as I'm sure a lot of others do, but nothing yet. I believe the order needs to get picked up and scheduled before we can start tracking it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
This whole process is just is just so jv (junior varsity) wish we could just order straight thru Ford Corp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took the words right out of my mouth! So far everything looks good on my end but I've seen a bunch of cases on here where dealers are straight lying, are uneducated idiots, and charging bat**** markups! That doesn't bode well for Ford's customer service reputation. You would think Ford Corporate would've strategized the ordering process better and given dealers briefings so everyone is on the same page.

I know my salesman is stoked about getting me the RS as all others (and dealers) should be! We're not average Joe customers who don't have a clue as to what cars we want! WE KNOW WE WANT THE FOCUS RS! And we're literally walking into dealers, throwing money at you and telling you to order them! No sales pitches or bait and switch tactics are even necessary!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Took the words right out of my mouth! So far everything looks good on my end but I've seen a bunch of cases on here where dealers are straight lying, are uneducated idiots, and charging bat**** markups! That doesn't bode well for Ford's customer service reputation. You would think Ford Corporate would've strategized the ordering process better and given dealers briefings so everyone is on the same page.

I know my salesman is stoked about getting me the RS as all others (and dealers) should be! We're not average Joe customers who don't have a clue as to what cars we want! WE KNOW WE WANT THE FOCUS RS! And we're literally walking into dealers, throwing money at you and telling you to order them! No sales pitches or bait and switch tactics are even necessary!

Rambo3500,

Thanks were no longer the silent majority.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Yup easy 3K to be made as we do so. They should have it so good all the time.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hey Ford Corp get with Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, CO go get your people trained thru on how to get the ordering process streamlined. Thats all they do selling and ordering to spec the WRX and STI a from customers all over the country. And hey the idea cant be any worse than whats being put out now. Get it right.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey Ford Corp get with Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, CO go get your people trained thru on how to get the ordering process streamlined. Thats all they do selling and ordering to spec the WRX and STI a from customers all over the country. And hey the idea cant be any worse than whats being put out now. Get it right.

Yup, I'm going with a WRX or STI if my RS order falls through. Everyone I've talked to about those say they've had little to no confusion ordering. I'd love to have the RS, but Subaru will probably win me over if Ford doesn't come through.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'll be getting an STI also if Ford doesn't come through

Yup, I'm going with a WRX or STI if my RS order falls through. Everyone I've talked to about those say they've had little to no confusion ordering. I'd love to have the RS, but Subaru will probably win me over if Ford doesn't come through.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will sell you my STI when my Focus arrives as my dealer knows what is going on and has been AWESOME! They are getting 2 allocated and mine is first one second one is still for sale if anyone wants it. They only sell at MSRP no dealing and no ADM, PM if you want information.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Had a PM discussion with Nick at Ford CS. Per Nick, "The COTUS site is still in the development stage, so you may not be able to track RS orders on it." I've put all my info in that every way I can think of... and I haven't been able to get anything out of it other than the statement, "No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again."

On my particular car, I have DORA in hand. Regarding MY build... Nick said, "My system shows the order has been accepted into the system, is currently in the order processing stage (usually takes the longest), and is awaiting scheduling." He said it was cool to check with him for status of our orders. I asked him if my car was more or less guaranteed to be built if I had a DORA. He said it will be once there's a "scheduled build date". But as he mentioned, it has to get thru the order processing stage, which seems to take a while. Guessing those of you with DORA's issued are pretty much in the same boat. Just gonna have to wait a week or two for the cars to get scheduled for build.

Probably no need to check for a couple weeks, but good to know that we can get updates from him as the process goes on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Same here. No guarantees until build/VIN scheduled. That process attaches allocations to orders I believe. Until that happens we have to trust our dealer and their allocation info.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
received a message from Nick (fordservice) after sending him my DORA info and he said "your order's currently in the order processing stage, and is awaiting scheduling. Check back with me in a week or two for the latest update."

so now I wait patiently (not so much) until November for some news.

·
Registered
262 Posts
received a message from Nick (fordservice) after sending him my DORA info and he said "your order's currently in the order processing stage, and is awaiting scheduling. Check back with me in a week or two for the latest update."

so now I wait patiently (not so much) until November for some news.
Ditto for me too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
29 Participants
Maple Villa
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing