Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW, Edmunds has the complete RS pricing up on their website. For instance, the base vehicle MSRP is $35,730 and has an invoice price $33,318. Of course, good luck finding a dealer that would agree to anything approaching that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Local dealer I bought my 2015 ST from took me off his list when I said I would not pay over sticker. I think these may go the way of the Golf R - over list to start and now.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
knowledge is power!!! except when buying a new RS
still only heard mention of 3 people claiming below MSRP, the odds don't seem good.
I'm one of those with DORA order at $1k over dealer invoice, but it's retail order with no dealer allocation.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm paying 35.7k with moon roof as only addition.. My father has worked at this particular Ford dealership since he was like 20 (about 30 years there).

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I'm paying 35.7k with moon roof as only addition.. My father has worked at this particular Ford dealership since he was like 20 (about 30 years there).
Great out-the-door price $35.7 with moon roof MSRP = $37,500 Invoice=$35, 142 TT&T estimate in MD = $2,475 to $2,650

So let's go with $2,475 as you cost meaning your car cost was only $35,700 - $2,475 = $33,225

That is awesome you paid $1,917 below invoice.

....... Because you said I am paying 35.7K and obviously you have to pay tag, title, and tax

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
190 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind getting a non allocated order in not caring if it gets fulfilled for 2016. The problem is almost every dealer around me still has mark upped allocations so they're not going to take my order not caring if I get pushed back to 2017 MY. Also invoice is $2400 below msrp, but I wonder what is dealer holdover. Almost every dealer I've contacted sends me quotes for regular focus S and SE models, and I've gotten some pretty good deals. Some of them 3-4k below msrp on a $19,000 car! So just going by that I'm guessing at msrp the dealer has got to be making $3500 per car and commission on that would be 20 percent.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I am extremely lucky!! :cool: I find it funny though, I may have the only RS in the Annapolis, MD area really. 2 rich guys bought the 2 allocated RS's for 60K a pop and the order banks were open for 2-3 days and no one had a retail order in yet. I was first retail for second build.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So do you think your order will get pushed back to 2017?
I highly doubt it. Considering it seems that the vehicles are built on a first come first serve basis. I would be surprised if I make it through the summer and don't have my RS. Build #1 = 2 Allocated/dealership, and build #2 is the first set of retail orders and I am the first retail order on build #2 at my specific dealership.

I definitely don't expect it any sooner then April, but that may or may not be part of a subconscious technique to gain patience. Lol :p
Just know that patience should begin to wear thin the warmer the weather gets!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My dealer sent me my order info via email and it shows INVOICE and MSRP prices. They have been decent to deal with and I'd probably buy another vehicle from them when the time comes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Received a quote today for a dealer allocated purchase. I chose a basic RS with moonroof being the only option. $37,500 + $5,000 dealer addendum.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Received a quote today for a dealer allocated purchase. I chose a basic RS with moonroof being the only option. $37,500 + $5,000 dealer addendum.
**chokes on coffee and mumbles "sucker" under breath**

I hope you're negotiating that quote or going to another dealer...

·
Registered
99 Posts
knowledge is power!!! except when buying a new RS
still only heard mention of 3 people claiming below MSRP, the odds don't seem good.
Make that 4. My dealer agreed to sell me the RS at invoice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
**chokes on coffee and mumbles "sucker" under breath**

I hope you're negotiating that quote or going to another dealer...
I appreciate your naïveté. Hell no I didn't order. The dealer wouldn't give me the ADM until I gave him a build. I just used that build for the purpose of the quote. Still shopping around. Hopefully you can unchoke yourself.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I appreciate your naïveté. Hell no I didn't order. The dealer wouldn't give me the ADM until I gave him a build. I just used that build for the purpose of the quote. Still shopping around. Hopefully you can unchoke yourself.
I was being facetious, but thanks for your concern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts