Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RS interior pic thread.

Anyone have a basic RS vs RS2 package comparison picture? I'm curious as to the differences in the seats. Partial Leather vs leather with inserts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Those are deceiving and labeled incorrectly IMO. The ones labeled "full leather" are actually the base seats. The RS2 seats have the suede like insert in the middle. Note the steering wheel heater button that's clearly visible (an RS2 feature) and the lack of the seat heater buttons (also clearly visible) on the base seats which in the pic thread are labeled as RS2 seats.

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
All I see is that damn Sony dial! Why Ford, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
All I see is that damn Sony dial! Why Ford, why?

Agreed, I wonder if you could swap out the USDM faceplate for the EDM faceplate. One of my biggest complaints about the interior of my ST3 is the shiny Sony plastic stereo controls. It just seems out of place, the EDM matte stereo controls look so much better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That STUPID BUTTON KNOB! I agree. It's even worse once you touch it. It's so cheap and light feeling. Gross.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Those are deceiving and labeled incorrectly IMO. The ones labeled "full leather" are actually the base seats. The RS2 seats have the suede like insert in the middle. Note the steering wheel heater button that's clearly visible (an RS2 feature) and the lack of the seat heater buttons (also clearly visible) on the base seats which in the pic thread are labeled as RS2 seats.

Dam good detective work Dave-RoR. Your hired!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
actually like the look of the RS2 seats better, but the fact there is no lumbar support was a non starter. the st3 seats dont exactly make me want to sit and stay a while but I convinced myself they will break in or I will do a foamectomy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
actually like the look of the RS2 seats better, but the fact there is no lumbar support was a non starter. the st3 seats dont exactly make me want to sit and stay a while but I convinced myself they will break in or I will do a foamectomy.
The RS2 seats do have lumbar. Do you mean you like the RS1 look better? My Buick regal GS came with some pretty bolstered bucket seats and they used to hurt me so bad I wanted to return the car because I couldn't drive it for more than 10 miles. Took a few months but now the seats are so comfortable I love them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I read that the RS2 seats have adjustable lumbar support, but the base RS seats don't here.

The front seats
The base Recaro seats on the U.S. Focus RS seats are stolen from the U.S. Focus ST with the ST2 package, covered in slightly different style leather and cloth. They use the same manual controls and lack lumbar adjustment. They are polarizing, because they don’t fit all body types. They don’t fit me and, after reading through the Focus ST forums, it’s clear I’m not alone.

The key to comfort for U.S. Focus RS buyers will surely be paying the extra $2,785 for the RS2 package, which adds power leather/Dinamica (similar to Alcantara) Recaro seats with adjustable lumbar support. These seats are shared with the U.S. Focus ST’s ST3 package, but they use different covers. The RS2 package also adds heated seats and a heated steering wheel, handy for those wanting to rally their Focus RS in the dead of winter. Based upon my experience with the Recaro seats in the Focus ST, the adjustable lumbar support will be essential for seating comfort.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Adjustable lumbar is neat. Recaro does offer some pretty epic aftermarket seats, but I can't find prices on them. Never tried swapping seats - wonder how hard it is, or what the sticking points might be

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The RS2 seats do have lumbar. Do you mean you like the RS1 look better? My Buick regal GS came with some pretty bolstered bucket seats and they used to hurt me so bad I wanted to return the car because I couldn't drive it for more than 10 miles. Took a few months but now the seats are so comfortable I love them.
dont mind me. proof reading failed me.
i meant i like the look of the rs1. the extra blue stitching across the back of the rs2 doesnt do it for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered the rs2 package for the seats.. The heated elements arnt too shabby either :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
So, is this the way the RS1 vs. RS2 seat debate boils down?: (I'm asking because I'm trying to decide which package to go with and we all value different bits differently, but I don't really care about heated stuff - since I live in a predominantly warm climate - and Nav / 'upgraded' stereo stuff is of little value to me...oh, and I'm a total sucker for anything that alcantara-like)

1. The seats are the same in terms of structure / layout
2. Obviously, the RS2 seats get heat and power functions.
3. The RS2 driver is 8-way adjustable, whereas the RS1 is 6-way adjustable...where the only difference in adjustability is the lumbar?
4. There's still some question as to whether the RS1 seat has any adjustable lumbar? (where the RS2 clearly gets power lumbar)
5. The seat coverings are different (full leather with Miko vs. partial leather with cloth) but the seating surfaces in both are largely non-leather.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
dont mind me. proof reading failed me.
i meant i like the look of the rs1. the extra blue stitching across the back of the rs2 doesnt do it for me.
In that case you like the look of the RS2 seats. The RS1 seats are partial leather and have that blue stitching. RS2 seats have the fake-alcantara center inserts.

Honestly I'm not sure if any of the seats pictured so far are actually production seats so I wouldn't be surprised at a few minor changes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, is this the way the RS1 vs. RS2 seat debate boils down?: (I'm asking because I'm trying to decide which package to go with and we all value different bits differently, but I don't really care about heated stuff - since I live in a predominantly warm climate - and Nav / 'upgraded' stereo stuff is of little value to me...oh, and I'm a total sucker for anything that alcantara-like)

1. The seats are the same in terms of structure / layout
2. Obviously, the RS2 seats get heat and power functions.
3. The RS2 driver is 8-way adjustable, whereas the RS1 is 6-way adjustable...where the only difference in adjustability is the lumbar?
4. There's still some question as to whether the RS1 seat has any adjustable lumbar? (where the RS2 clearly gets power lumbar)
5. The seat coverings are different (full leather with Miko vs. partial leather with cloth) but the seating surfaces in both are largely non-leather.
It's my understanding the base seats are the ST seats. So no lumbar adjustment. Hence why I chose rs2. But I could be wrong. To be honest, I started this thread in hopes of seeing better seat shots :p

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
It's my understanding the base seats are the ST seats. So no lumbar adjustment. Hence why I chose rs2. But I could be wrong. To be honest, I started this thread in hopes of seeing better seat shots :p
RS2 adds lumbar and I think seat tilt.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
LOL, I need the heated elements once every 10 years.

YMMV,

MidCow3
In Florida I use them daily. My back is really screwed up though so it helps, especially after hockey games. I'll take the long way home sometimes just to enjoy the heat on my back :)

If my back wasn't messed up a bit I probably would use them a lot less often also ha

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
About this Discussion
239 Replies
84 Participants
Ex-STi
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing