Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Any info. on RS floor mats like in the MK1's
Do the MK1s have special floor mats or something? Because normal Focus mats should work I would assume (minus maybe the trunk?)

Side note, whats with this forum now having these weird shopping links built in? They are linking the word floor mats to some hideous Harley Davidson mats on Amazon lol.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I thought I saw somewhere that the RS will come with floor mats. If looking to preserve them I would guess than any MkIII standard trans (likely auto too, but I've seen some cars that auto and standard differ some) Focus floor mats will work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Here's the mats of a MK1 RS in my clone, I was lucky to find a good used set in LHD

IMAG0421.jpg

I read that the mats will have the Blue stitching like seats and steering wheel

·
Registered
167 Posts
Direct from the Standard Features section of the Focus RS configurator...

Variable Intermittent front wipers
Unique RS Leather-wrapped steering wheel with sport style design and blue stitching
Unique RS Scuff Plates
Unique RS Leather & Alloy Gear Shift Knob
Unique Front and Rear Carpet Floor Mats
SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
Driver Configurable 4.2" Color LCD Display Cluster

Only info I've seen though.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's cool, but the stock floor mats get trashed so quickly here in MI. My old 2011 Focus has Salt caked so thick you could not get it out without destroying the carpet. I went with the Husky mats in my ST. FYI these are actually cheaper and better than the WeatherTech mats. They are custom shaped just like the WeatherTechs but they cover more area. The WeatherTechs looked like lunch trays compared to the Huskys.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just found a little something. If you look close, you can see the blue stitching on the floor mats.
16d1423067925-2016-focus-rs-interior-photos-ford-focus-rs-interior1.jpg

Edit: I also noticed the colored interior lighting, hope that's not just limited to euro models...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same, I'm sure Ford saved a whole $0.03 by cutting out the colored LEDs...
Sorry this is sort of off topic, but I agree. I have never owned a new car, and I went to the dealership to sit in an ST to make sure I liked the seats before ordering an RS and they let me test drive the ST. That was a subtle but really cool feature I liked was changing the ambient lighting. Do you think there is any after market way of doing this without being a huge pain in the butt?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sorry this is sort of off topic, but I agree. I have never owned a new car, and I went to the dealership to sit in an ST to make sure I liked the seats before ordering an RS and they let me test drive the ST. That was a subtle but really cool feature I liked was changing the ambient lighting. Do you think there is any after market way of doing this without being a huge pain in the butt?
Diode Dynamics. I'm pretty sure they will have something out for the FoRS.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If it makes you feel any better after a few weeks the novelty kind of wears off. Outside of the first month I've probably changed the color twice in the last year. I'm sure you can rig something up, but it will be a pain in the butt. You're going to have to run wires and probably drill holes (unless you can find a perfectly sized replacement). Personally I might change the white LEDs to blue, but I won't bother running additional wiring for tri color LEDs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've owned my mustang since July of 2011. Last time I touched the mycolor lighting was probably August of 2011, and that was probably to show it to someone. It wears off quicker than you think

1 - 20 of 491 Posts