Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS - Stealth Grey RS2 Rebuilt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Not too sure if Im posting in the right spot.
But to put it all together, I have blown knee and passenger airbag from the RS Im fixing up.
So replacing the dash is imminent.
In theory I would have to get a dash board from an RS or ST with the hole for the gauge cluster on top.
However Im seeing that a regular Focus dashboard is the same and is simply missing these holes.
There is roughly a $125 price difference I'm seeing between the standard focus dash vs an ST/RS one.

I would love to save the extra cash for sure and mount the gauges on my own by cutting out my own hole.
I would just like to know if there are any other differences that would cause problems or be visually different?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
They should be the same, and if you don't want the stock gauges(of dubious quality) I can't think of any downside.

Reactions: robertcb

·
Registered
587 Posts
The Titaium or some other trim level Focus had a speaker grill plate that covered the hole. I used the same grill to blank my RS dash he when I removed the OEM gage pod.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Titaium or some other trim level Focus had a speaker grill plate that covered the hole. I used the same grill to blank my RS dash he when I removed the OEM gage pod.
where is this speaker you are talking about? i wanna make sure i know where that is

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not certain if it contained a speaker or not, but the grill plate covers the same hole our gage pod is in. View attachment 351228
Ahhhhh, I see now.
Thanks for the heads up. I brought back the dashboard yesterday. I do not have the holes for either the gauges nor the push start button.
but for $200 I got the dashboard, passenger airbag, and knee airbag. So its a wonderful steal and half.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The SE dash has the cutout lines for the gauge pod as well, so just be careful with your knife and you can transfer it over

1 - 7 of 7 Posts