Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1210 Posts

· Registered
2017 Focus ST
1 Posts
I want to thank everyone that participated in this thread. I post some on one of the RS Facebook pages, but I'm mostly a stalker on this forum. I've had my RS for about a year and a half, and this has been by far the post I've spent the most time reading. I figured I should finally make my contribution.

The wheels are Forgestar CF5 18x9.5 +44 with Michelin PS4S 265/35/18 tires. In all of these pictures, the car is lowered on Whiteline springs and otherwise 100% stock suspension. The +44 offset means the tires only clear the struts by a few millimeters, but the tires are set as far inside the fender as is possible for a 9.5" wheel. So far, I've not had any rubbing of tires on the struts. One of the rears has kissed the rear fender, but it's so light that I'm not actually 100% sure it's touched. I've not autocrossed or tracked the car with this setup, but I have done some pretty spirited driving on my local back roads.

I wasn't a fan of the center caps that come with the Forgestar wheels, so I made some custom center caps. On one side of the car, I have the RS logo. The other side of the car has my side business's logo.

View attachment 338339

View attachment 338340

View attachment 338341

View attachment 338342

View attachment 338343

View attachment 338345

View attachment 338344
I've been looking at putting a set of the Forgestar CF5's on my ST with the Brembo brakes from an RS and was wondering if I can get away with more than 44mm off offset if I go with 18x9's..? How close are the spokes to the calipers at 44mm?

· Registered
885 Posts

Hoping this will clear a 265/35/18 Cup2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did this all work out good without any rubbing as Im looking at the same thing 18" x 265 tyre
Do you have any rubbing? Did you have to use a spacer? and what was the size of wheel used 18 x 8.5? What Offset?
Did you alter the camber?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions

· Registered
69 Posts
I've been looking at putting a set of the Forgestar CF5's on my ST with the Brembo brakes from an RS and was wondering if I can get away with more than 44mm off offset if I go with 18x9's..? How close are the spokes to the calipers at 44mm?
There's GOBS of caliper clearance on my 18x9.5 +44 CF5 setup. I can easily clean the entire caliper with the wheels mounted. It's incredible. There's definitely caliper room for more than +44 offset. At 9.5 wide, +44 is the limit due to strut clearance with the stock RS front struts. When I switched to coilovers, I had to add a 3mm spacer to the fronts for strut body clearance.

· Registered
7 Posts
Bought these TSW Nurburgring 18x8 in Matte Bronze last year for track use but finally took pictures of them.
245/40/18 Nitto NT01 track tires.
Aluminum 7075 Hubcentric Rings made perfectly by @Aracheon - if you ever need anything machined, he does an amazing job! Measurements were precise and great service!
View attachment 151753 View attachment 151761 View attachment 151769 View attachment 151777 View attachment 151785
I just found difficult to find a useable metal rings for my nurbs, luckily I found this tread finally.

Do you mind share the dimension used for those rings? I know its 72.1mm to 63.36mm but not sure about the width/height of the ring since it has smaller inner dimension.

///update:
I got info its 0.3 so it might work.

· Registered
550 Posts
Did this all work out good without any rubbing as Im looking at the same thing 18" x 265 tyre
Do you have any rubbing? Did you have to use a spacer? and what was the size of wheel used 18 x 8.5? What Offset?
Did you alter the camber?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions
Hey White-RS2
I didn’t want to risk it and went with RE71R 255/35/18. There is no rubbing, and it clears the strut with at least half inch space. No spacers, spec is 18x9 et40
I do run camber (-3.5f -3.0r)
Keep in mind the camber has no effect on how close the wheel is to the strut.
I can potentially do 265/35/18 next, but 255/35/18 is really a good match for a 9” wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
12 Posts
I have Konig Ampliform in bronze 18x8.5 +43 with 235/40r18 tires. I also have Eibach lowering springs and Eibach 20mm spacers on all four corners. Fit is perfect and no rubbing! Enough height to get into driveways, low enough to close the wheel gap!
View attachment 337177
Sorry bro going to copy you on a NB. 😄 love the look.

· Registered
14 Posts
Hey yall, I've been trying to digest this thread, but figured I'd just ask:
What's a go-to 18" tire size/rim offset, for stock ride height? HPDE track car, limited street use. Wider is ok, but don't want the car to have too much grip (stock suspension for now, and I'm ok with a car that gets loose some). Obviously don't want fender rubbing. More sidewall is why I'm going to an 18". Currently running stock rims with R888R for track, but will probably go to a newer 200tw tire with the new rims.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
Hey yall, I've been trying to digest this thread, but figured I'd just ask:
What's a go-to 18" tire size/rim offset, for stock ride height? HPDE track car, limited street use. Wider is ok, but don't want the car to have too much grip (stock suspension for now, and I'm ok with a car that gets loose some). Obviously don't want fender rubbing. More sidewall is why I'm going to an 18". Currently running stock rims with R888R for track, but will probably go to a newer 200tw tire with the new rims.
If you look thru most of the wheels on here, you'll notice that the most common size is around 18x8 +45 or 18x8.5 +43 and some 18x9 (for those who want them meaty bois).

Considering it will be an HPDE car (with tires considered as "consumables"), I would go with 18x8's. This way you can stay with the same 225 to 235 OEM width, have similar grip as to what you are used to and save a little on the tires compared to the stock 19x8's. This was the exact direction I went with for my track set-up.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
Boring and business-like, just like me!
First test drive says these things make the car ride a good bit nicer. Can't wait to get them on track. Maybe March.
Yep, I basically have the same track set-up. Nothing flashy, just something to throw cheap sticky rubber on ;)

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

· Registered
14 Posts
What PSI do you like to end up at with 18"s vs 19"s?
With the 19"s I would try to hit 45psi when hot. Usually upper 30s PSI cold
When I had a 2015 STI, the guys at Westend Alignment told me to run 30psi cold on each tire, and bleed back down to there before each subsequent session. Similar weight and drivetrain, though the STI was running 245/45/18 fwiw.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,679 Posts
What PSI do you like to end up at with 18"s vs 19"s?
With the 19"s I would try to hit 45psi when hot. Usually upper 30s PSI cold
I don't usually have a set pressure for any particular tire since it really depends on the conditions, the track and how I'm driving that day. I like to do the "chalk method" where you mark the sidewalls and watch it after the first couple sessions, adjusting the tire pressure until the tire is just about to roll over.

But to give you a starting point, with the 18" R-S4's at my local track (short and technical), I've had good luck with setting it to 35/32 psi F/R hot, which puts me at around 31/28 psi cold. Do note that this is a weird case. I don't typically run this low, but the R-S4's are so oddly resilient, I can get away with it.

I had 18" 615k+'s before that and ran those closer to 38/36 psi hot on the same track. That might match your 660's better.

1181 - 1200 of 1210 Posts