Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,490 Posts
Enkei TS9 18×8 ET45 weight 19.9lbs
Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

First impressions (compared to PSS)
Noticable reduction in harshness. By harshness I mean all the pebbly surface vibrations seem more dampened. Cracks in roads and driving over manholes, the impacts feel rounded off, less like a square impact. I also have the DSC controller (2017 May build) so popo mostly gone from that already. View attachment 343613
View attachment 343614 View attachment 343615 Quieter, less tire noise. I can turn the min volume of the stereo one level down on the same stretch of highway and still hear the radio compared to before.
Acceleration feels quicker but this maybe placebo vs actually being able to tell the difference. Each corner is 5-6lbs lighter I'd say.
Wet weather way better. Driving though a rain puddle felt like hitting a wall sometimes with PSS. The Contis much less affected by standing water.

Are those the OE lug nuts?

How are they holding up and how does it seat with the after market wheels?

· Registered
65 Posts
Are those the OE lug nuts?

How are they holding up and how does it seat with the after market wheels?
The OE lugs fit but they are all swollen now. Grr. Not sure when it happened as I usually get the dealership to swap winter wheels so I never check them. But seems to be a known issue. Will be replacing with McGards once my 19.5mm hex socket arrives. The stock wheel lock nut is too big, replaced with a set of McGard lock nuts. Fits standard 3/4 socket easily.

· Registered
226 Posts
Trying to buy a winter wheel / tired set. I am an absolute noob when it comes to wheels and I also don't know the specs of the wheels the prior owner. What I do know is that he had on Federal RS-R's 255/35/18s and the car is lowered on white line springs, so they fit pretty close.

How can I go about determining the wheel dimensions and offset so I can make sure a given pair of winter tires will fit?

· Registered
549 Posts
Reactions: kylebrk
1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts