Ford Focus RS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
im starting to feel like a braid shill, maybe i can get a sponsorship. havent even gotten mine yet lmao. shoulda paid for the AIR DROP!!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mounted up. The wheels were delivered to my door in exactly three weeks. Paul from Braid USA was great to deal with. It's nice to know that there's a reliable option to go with smaller diameter tires for RSs and beyond!

View attachment 322684
Looks great! Is white the only colour available? I see white and “other” on their website.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Mounted up. The wheels were delivered to my door in exactly three weeks. Paul from Braid USA was great to deal with. It's nice to know that there's a reliable option to go with smaller diameter tires for RSs and beyond!
Damn you guys, every time I look, I'm more and more tempted to sell my 18" OZ rally racings for some Braids.

Looks great! Is white the only colour available? I see white and “other” on their website.
Thanks
White powder coat is what comes with the standard price. I believe its an additional $45 ea to get it in any desired color, but it will be painted.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bump, anyone else try other wheel options with success?
Really want some Konig Hypergram’s or OZ ultraleggera’s in 17’s. Just don’t know if they will clear.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I was able to fit 17x9" +42et Team Dynamics 1.2 with a 5mm spacer. It looks great but the caliper clearance is too close for comfort for me. The construction/ design of the 9" TD wheels seems completely different than the 7-8"s; markings are on the back of the spokes not on the inner lip of the wheels between the spokes. The inner diameter of the wheels seems much smaller than what I have seen in this thread with 7-8"s TD 1.2s. Will post close up shots when I can.

I intend to order a set of 17" Braids. Is anybody aware of caliper sizing changes or suspension geometry changes between the 2018 RS and earlier years? I have a very late build 2017.

View attachment 320950 View attachment 320948 View attachment 320952
Did these fit without rubbing though? I am only able to get Oakos to send me a set of 17x9 et 42. I don’t mind adding a 5mm spacer, but I need to make sure it clears the brembos.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Placed an order for a set of Braids, what a great company to work with! Paul was very helpful with the whole process. If you are thinking of ordering a set of wheels from them, keep in mind they may be able to match their logos to the caliper color on the RS. I'm not sure if that was offered because I did not order white, does not matter to me! Cannot wait to get these on the car and go for a rip! 17x8 et40 and I will be running Azenis RT615K 245/45 rubber on them. Pics to come in a few weeks once they arrive.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Placed an order for a set of Braids, what a great company to work with! Paul was very helpful with the whole process. If you are thinking of ordering a set of wheels from them, keep in mind they may be able to match their logos to the caliper color on the RS. I'm not sure if that was offered because I did not order white, does not matter to me! Cannot wait to get these on the car and go for a rip! 17x8 et40 and I will be running Azenis RT615K 245/45 rubber on them. Pics to come in a few weeks once they arrive.
Damn, wished I knew that they could color match when I ordered... but I did order in white, so maybe that's why? But agreed, Paul has been great throughout the whole process. Can't wait for the July shipment to get in since I've had my order since May lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can only imagine how you feel. I'm not sure if the color matching is a new thing, it seemed as if it was. Bet your excited for that shipment!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I can only imagine how you feel. I'm not sure if the color matching is a new thing, it seemed as if it was. Bet your excited for that shipment!
Haha, ya, so excited I've already got tires sitting and waiting to be mounted. Funny enough, I have the same exact tires as you do (245/45 Fallen Azenis RT615K+) since I've got Hankook RS4s on my 18s.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha, ya, so excited I've already got tires sitting and waiting to be mounted. Funny enough, I have the same exact tires as you do (245/45 Fallen Azenis RT615K+) since I've got Hankook RS4s on my 18s.
Ha nice tire choice! I have the FK453 on my BBS', and I have no issues with them. So, I figured giving one of their more performance based tires a shot would be a good idea. 2nd choice was going to be some mickey thompson street tires, but these RT615K+ seemed a bit better. You will have to let me know how you like them!

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Braid Logos painted to match the calipers. 17x8 et40 245/45/17 Falken RT615K+
Love it! Man, I thought my tires sort ng around was bad enough, this makes waiting for mine even more painful.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw your wheels on Braids Instagram feed, which very quickly prompted me to email Paul about the latest shipment lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love it! Man, I thought my tires sort ng around was bad enough, this makes waiting for mine even more painful.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw your wheels on Braids Instagram feed, which very quickly prompted me to email Paul about the latest shipment lol.
Yeah those are my wheels! They are such a great company, cant say it enough! The ride is so much better, I drove 6 hours on them and it was so smooth! Can't wait to get some track time on these tires see how they hold up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love the wheels Dylan! Was considering a set of TD in 17x8 but couldn’t get anyone here in Canada to source them.
Ended up with custom 18x9’s on order from Evo Corse

Thanks! If you need parts in Canada try Raptor Racing, they are in Ontario and have access to a ton of large companies for our platform. Tell them Dylan sent ya! I am a member of the Toronto RS Nation, one of their American brothers. If you ever end up in Ontario hit up Toronto RS Nation on facebook and see what they have going on.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts