Ford Focus RS Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
It looks like you can actually order directly from Braid: Motorsport wheels - BRAID

The main thing was shipping I believe. Braid USA told me that they only order every quarter to save on shipping. They do one large bulk shipment every quarter to 6 mos instead, which was why mine took so long.

Regarding specs, its at the very first post on this thread I believe (off the top of my head, I think its +40)
Anybody mind sharing how much you paid for a set of braids shipped to the US?

I like my Team Dynamics but am curious how much it would cost to upgrade to Braids...

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts

I like my Team Dynamics but am curious how much it would cost to upgrade to Braids...

Would it be an upgrade? Team Dynamics are pretty great rims, became OE for the FQ LanEvos.

Also Note I'm bit of bias to TD.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Just got these delivered! Braid Fullrace A in 17x8 +40 in Satin Bronze

These look so good in person. Going to mount up some 245/45/17 tires tomorrow, but won't be able to mount on the car until this weekend.

These things feel solid!

View attachment 342850
Daaaaaamn these look soooo good. I was seriously considering getting this or gold when I got mine, but opted for the white for that "Motorsports" look. Really regretting that now lol

You got PM
Would it be an upgrade? Team Dynamics are pretty great rims, became OE for the FQ LanEvos.

Also Note I'm bit of bias to TD.
I'm sorry bud, but Braid > TD all day. I know TD has some motorsports heritage, but it's Braid's bread and butter. We're talking any where from rally cars to touring cars, little formula sae open wheel cars to custom safari Porches, Baja trucks to LeMans racecars. I can go on and on...

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Daaaaaamn these look soooo good. I was seriously considering getting this or gold when I got mine, but opted for the white for that "Motorsports" look. Really regretting that now lolYou got PMI'm sorry bud, but Braid > TD all day. I know TD has some motorsports heritage, but it's Braid's bread and butter. We're talking any where from rally cars to touring cars, little formula sae open wheel cars to custom safari Porches, Baja trucks to LeMans racecars. I can go on and on...

That's why I asked. that clearance on the caliper..... so much muh does it cost to upgrade to Braids.... 😁

·
Registered
113 Posts
Daaaaaamn these look soooo good. I was seriously considering getting this or gold when I got mine, but opted for the white for that "Motorsports" look. Really regretting that now lol
I wanted to go with the white, but then I would have to change a lot of other pieces on the car that are in bronze, so I went for the bronze.

The white with the red mudflaps looks so good on Nitrous blue.

So ready to get these on, adjust the suspension to get some more height and install a few other cool parts I got just waiting this weekend.

Any reason for wanting to move away from the Team Dynamics? If I already had TD's not sure I would make the change, unless you really like the look of the Braids a lot more.

I love the TD's I had on my old Fiesta.

The biggest caveat with the Braids is the shipping. Since there is no stock, and are made to order in Spain, shipping cost is quite a bit unless you're willing to wait for the bulk shipping option which the window to get them in Octoberish just closed.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I wanted to go with the white, but then I would have to change a lot of other pieces on the car that are in bronze, so I went for the bronze.

The white with the red mudflaps looks so good on Nitrous blue.

So ready to get these on, adjust the suspension to get some more height and install a few other cool parts I got just waiting this weekend.

Any reason for wanting to move away from the Team Dynamics? If I already had TD's not sure I would make the change, unless you really like the look of the Braids a lot more.

I love the TD's I had on my old Fiesta.

The biggest caveat with the Braids is the shipping. Since there is no stock, and are made to order in Spain, shipping cost is quite a bit unless you're willing to wait for the bulk shipping option which the window to get them in Octoberish just closed.
I’m getting some serious paint rash on my calipers from little pebbles that get caught between the caliper and the inside barrel. The Braids apparently have better clearance. Also I think they are lighter...

But with all that said, I don’t think I’ll upgrade. I have better places I can spend the cash...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I’m getting some serious paint rash on my calipers from little pebbles that get caught between the caliper and the inside barrel. The Braids apparently have better clearance. Also I think they are lighter...
FWIW I still got paint rash and scratches on both the caliper and the inside barrel of the wheel from rocks getting stuck in between them the last couple times I "rallied" around some dirt/gravel roads. The braids do have much more clearance, but maybe that just means larger rocks can get stuck compared to what would have been stuck on a TD wheel? lol Really, the car was never intended to run that small of a wheel with those brembos, so you'll end up with the same issue eitherway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks like that Blue RS and that Gray RS have the same roof rack cross-bars underneath. What are those please and thank you?
I believe those are the Euro/Ford UK roof racks.
Yep, they are the Ford UK roof rack powdercoated black.

They used to ship directly to the states, now I think you have to use a forwarding company to get them.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts