Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a lot of European based makers of high quality car covers. $320 -400 USD but then are nice and have soft inner and fit like a glove. Any covers that move are bound to scratch your paint.

Does anyone have pictures of their car covers, maker, cost.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
California Car Cover Company makes great covers, that's what I will buy once my car arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Those nice but way more expensive than the ones made for mk3 that fit like a condemn. Post some picks when get on
. View attachment 93626
I just priced it, and it's only $275 for the cover I'm going to buy (Ultraweave fabric) for my RS. That's less than the ones in the original post. I've been buying these for 25 years, they are great quality. I had the cover blow off my Vette once after years of use, and when I mentioned this to them they sent me a free replacement cover.

I've got one of these on my V70R at the moment.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Here's the pics of mine and it does fit like a glove....well not the antenna:rofl2:

20160716_130623.jpg 20160716_130633.jpg 20160716_130645.jpg

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I have seen them going for $300-325. I've never seen the stock one on an RS.
I wouldn't pay much for the Ford cover. I have no idea what fabric they use and what weather it will work in. I'd much rather buy a cover made out of the fabric I want for my local weather.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
You live in Palo Alto... what special 'local weather' do you have?
Well that means I don't buy a cover made for the snow, but I want one that works in the rain (not an inside only cover). So I can get the California Car Cover Company Ultraweave fabric that is extremely light and thin and that I have used as the material for my last four covers.

Once again, I have no clue what the Ford cover is made of and what it is intended for. I am very experienced with Cal Car Covers and their materials (I think they have 7 different materials to pick from).

So if you have the option to get a custom cover for less money than the Ford one, why would anyone buy the Ford one? I see no argument to get the factory one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
When you do decide to purchase yourself a nice cover don't forget to post pic so we may see if your panty lines show!

OH be sure it has a BIG RS on it too....this way we know whats under there...could be just a Focus:apathy:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
When you do decide to purchase yourself a nice cover don't forget to post pic so we may see if your panty lines show!

OH be sure it has a BIG RS on it too....this way we know whats under there...could be just a Focus:apathy:
Definitely not going to mark the cover with an RS, that just means thieves would know what's under the cover. I'd rather they think it's just a Focus Titanium.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Well that means I don't buy a cover made for the snow, but I want one that works in the rain (not an inside only cover). So I can get the California Car Cover Company Ultraweave fabric that is extremely light and thin and that I have used as the material for my last four covers.

Once again, I have no clue what the Ford cover is made of and what it is intended for. I am very experienced with Cal Car Covers and their materials (I think they have 7 different materials to pick from).

So if you have the option to get a custom cover for less money than the Ford one, why would anyone buy the Ford one? I see no argument to get the factory one.

I've had the "Ultraweave" cover, and the OEM cover material is very similar. You're right about some of those nice thick covers. They're great until they get wet, or worse yet, get wet and freeze. The OEM cover is well made with an appropriate material.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Here is a picture of a 5 year old California Car Cover Ultraweave cover on my V70R.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In what situations do you guys use a car cover? Just when/if you store the car for long periods?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts