Ford Focus RS Forum banner

RS Blue Seat belts? (PLZ help)

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RSbarbie 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

New gal here. Joined for the sole purpose: to (hopefully) get some help from the experts.

As some background, my boyfriend has a 2017 Stealth Gray RS. (yes, I'll include pics)
Its modded as s**t. (Turbo. Cams. Brand new built motor. Volk wheels. Various other things I'm sure my only mildly car savvy brain forgets). One day my bf (who might be a member here. In which case, lol awkward. Hi babe) casually mentioned wanting RS/Nitrous blue (I've heard them used interchangeably and honestly don't know which is correct) seat belts. But he said he couldn't justify the splurge since they apparently are a bit pricey and they're more of a "want" than a "need". I want to surprise him with them for Christmas (our 1st Xmas together). But sadly he didn't elaborate any further on where to get them, type he wants, etc. And now randomly asking about them months later would be totally obvious. I talked him into getting RS/nitrous blue emblem overlays and I think having the blue seat belts would really tie the car together. However, I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING with even a small semblance of what I want/he described.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

-the girlfriend on a mission :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

New gal here. Joined for the sole purpose: to (hopefully) get some help from the experts.

As some background, my boyfriend has a 2017 Stealth Gray RS. (yes, I'll include pics) View attachment 337255 Its modded as s**t. (Turbo. Cams. Brand new built motor. Volk wheels. Various other things I'm sure my only mildly car savvy brain forgets). One day my bf (who might be a member here. In which case, lol awkward. Hi babe) casually mentioned wanting RS/Nitrous blue (I've heard them used interchangeably and honestly don't know which is correct) seat belts. But he said he couldn't justify the splurge since they apparently are a bit pricey and they're more of a "want" than a "need". I want to surprise him with them for Christmas (our 1st Xmas together). But sadly he didn't elaborate any further on where to get them, type he wants, etc. And now randomly asking about them months later would be totally obvious. I talked him into getting RS/nitrous blue emblem overlays and I think having the blue seat belts would really tie the car together. However, I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING with even a small semblance of what I want/he described.

I don't know of any... There are plenty who do it like these guys https://www.safetyrestore.com/webbi...stom-color-seat-belt-webbing-replacement.html or https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/ where you send in your whole belt mechanism and they replace the belts and send them back the next day.

Costs around $75 per seat. Not worth the hassle and money it in my opinion.

#5 ·
Hi guys!

As some background, my boyfriend has a 2017 Stealth Gray RS. (yes, I'll include pics) View attachment 337255 Its modded as s**t. (Turbo. Cams. Brand new built motor. Volk wheels. Various other things I'm sure my only mildly car savvy brain forgets). One day my bf (who might be a member here. In which case, lol awkward. Hi babe) casually mentioned wanting RS/Nitrous blue (I've heard them used interchangeably and honestly don't know which is correct) seat belts. But he said he couldn't justify the splurge since they apparently are a bit pricey and they're more of a "want" than a "need". I want to surprise him with them for Christmas (our 1st Xmas together). But sadly he didn't elaborate any further on where to get them, type he wants, etc. And now randomly asking about them months later would be totally obvious. I talked him into getting RS/nitrous blue emblem overlays and I think having the blue seat belts would really tie the car together. However, I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING with even a small semblance of what I want/he described.

#3 ·
Since your guy is clearly performance minded, are you sure he wasn’t talking about “competition belts”? They are NB all over the place!
Try this, go to Summit Racing Equipment. Search seatbelts. You will have to do some digging for 3 point belts for a Focus, in blue.
Also search competition belts, you’ll see what I mean about the NB. That may explain the “interchangeable” comment. You can have both installed at once. (floor mount shoulder comp.)
Summit is outstanding, call, they will be less confusing than I am!

#4 ·
Some other options:
If he races, something like this may be worthwhile if approved at the track he uses:

Tasca is one of the better suppliers out there, and for some reason they list RS specific seatbelts. Not sure why, maybe the color? But as mentioned, it may be worth looking into interchange options as the front seatbelts are $220-240 each:

There's always ebay, but I don't know how the pretensioners work on these cars as some are single-use and ebay cars usually have been in an accident

the rears can be found on the site for $110-140

You'd have to get them then get the nylon swapped out. Maybe the company can send you some samples so you can match the colors?

Good luck with your quest! Do let us know how it turns out.

#10 ·
Thanks for the Schroth ref.! I’ve considering comp. belts for awhile. Had some in a VW Bug, of all things, back in the day, when I was fabulous. Then I watched some YouTube explanations, why NOT to use comp. belts for regular use. Schroth may be the solution!

#6 ·
Hi guys.

UPDATE.

Thank you to all of you guys!

So from what I've gathered, I could take this in 2 different directions.

Option A: Replace the OEM seat belts with blue ones.

Option B: Get him 5 point/racing type seat belts that can be installed without messing with the OEM belts.

He hasn't tracked the car yet. But I do know he plans to in the future, which leads me to lean toward option B. Also because he would definitely notice his seat belts are missing not to mention me trying to take them out myself is never going to happen.

I've attempted to explain the whole situation to him without giving away any hints. He knows I'm getting him a Xmas surprise. (luckily I must be a terrible hint-giver. Right now he thinks it's clothes or something.)

I'm going to look at the awesome suggestions you guys gave me for racing belts. If you have any others let me know!

I'll let you know what I end up with!

-girlfriend still on a mission

#7 ·
Are you sure he wanted nitrous blue belts? If I was going to get custom belts I would get them to match the darker blue that matches the stitching and RS logos embroidered in the Recaro seats.

I think you might have trouble replacing the OEM belts as the places that do that usually require the belts from your car which they then refurbish or send you belts and charge you a core fee which you would be refunded when the belts out of the car are sent to them, sometimes there are time limits on the core charge i.e. must be returned in 2 weeks for a refund so it may be more than just $75. Might be the wrong type of surprise if he gets in his car and the seatbelts are missing lol.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it is possible to install a 5 point harness with stock seats, the crotch strap would have nowhere to go. A 4 point would work though, I think the shoulder belts on these can attach to the child seat anchors and seatbelts in the back seat.

What is your budget? I think the schroth belts that Phil mentioned run around $400

#8 ·
Are you sure he wanted nitrous blue belts? If I was going to get custom belts I would get them to match the darker blue that matches the stitching and RS logos embroidered in the Recaro seats.

I think you might have trouble replacing the OEM belts as the places that do that usually require the belts from your car which they then refurbish or send you belts and charge you a core fee which you would be refunded when the belts out of the car are sent to them, sometimes there are time limits on the core charge i.e. must be returned in 2 weeks for a refund so it may be more than just $75. Might be the wrong type of surprise if he gets in his car and the seatbelts are missing lol.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it is possible to install a 5 point harness with stock seats, the crotch strap would have nowhere to go. A 4 point would work though, I think the shoulder belts on these can attach to the child seat anchors and seatbelts in the back seat.

What is your budget? I think the schroth belts that Phil mentioned run around $400

The darker blue might look good. Is there a name for that shade? Lol. (I was only thinking nitrous blue to match the brake calipers and emblem over lays I talked him into getting. Lol.) Yeah I'm thinking a 4 point belt might be good. The RS is currently his daily driver so stealthily switching the seat belts might be a bit hard. Lol. I'm OK spending $300-400 for both front seat belts. Kinda depends what I find I guess? I definitely need help finding the right shade.

#9 ·
My suggestion, if you are looking to get something more cosmetic, has he said anything about aero? A front splitter and skirts would be high on my list if I didnt have to worry about clearance issues and snow driving.

#11 ·
Call a local junk yard get a set of belts from a 15+ focus send those out to a company like safety restore etc. They will be like new when you get them back, this is what I plan to do when I end up doing this as well. Save money and time, you normally have to send in your seat belts. Hope this helps if you end up going OEM belt route, Happy Holidays!

#14 ·
Also available without the RS, if you feel there are too many RS emblems on the car already. It's a Ford part available anywhere Ford parts are sold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.