Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been asking Ford marketing for quite sometime when an RS would be on the East Coast and available for the general public to see because I have never seen the car. They recently got back to me and said that an RS is scheduled to be at the Connecticut Auto show next weekend the 20th-22nd in Hartford. They told me to get back to them this Wednesday or Thursday just to make sure the car is in route to the show but most likely the car will be there. I am probably going to head up to check it out and I figured I would pass the news along to anyone in the area. No word on color they are bringing.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have been asking Ford marketing for quite sometime when an RS would be on the East Coast and available for the general public to see because I have never seen the car. They recently got back to me and said that an RS is scheduled to be at the Connecticut Auto show this weekend in Hartford. They told me to get back to them this Wednesday or Thursday just to make sure the car is in route to the show but most likely the car will be there. I am probably going to head up to check it out and I figured I would pass the news along to anyone in the area. No word on color they are bringing.
This weekend, saturday the14th or next weekend?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This weekend, saturday the14th or next weekend?
Sorry Next weekend the 20th - 22nd. I updated my previous post to be more clear. I will let you know for sure after I talk to them during the week to make sure the car will be there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wife and I are trying to figure out if we want to go sat or sun
would be great if they had an RS but we will be going either way.
Have you been before? We have never gone but we are going to go either way as well so I was hoping it was a decent autoshow.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Awesome, I will be there Thursday for a private party before it opens to the public.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Awesome, I will be there Thursday for a private party before it opens to the public.
Show overall has been a huge disappointment in the past. Nothing fancy, or exotic. It would only be good if you wanted to shop many car brands at once. I will let you guys know if its there.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Have you been before? We have never gone but we are going to go either way as well so I was hoping it was a decent autoshow.
in a nutshell, the show is basically like walking all dealership lots at once. I am pretty sure its just new stuff.
the wife is cross shopping just about everything, so we had planned to go to sit in a few things to see if she could narrow it down.

for anyone who plans to go you can get $2 off tickets if you buy online and use the promo code "showmethatcar"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in a nutshell, the show is basically like walking all dealership lots at once. I am pretty sure its just new stuff.
the wife is cross shopping just about everything, so we had planned to go to sit in a few things to see if she could narrow it down.

for anyone who plans to go you can get $2 off tickets if you buy online and use the promo code "showmethatcar"
Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I feel the same way about the Boston show. I use to go every year, but honestly there isn't any new information you will get that hasn't already been stated. The only good thing I think the shows are good for is maybe seeing a color you want, or being able to sit in the vehicle and really get a chance to play with the interior features.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so an RS is at the show. It's a black car and a pre-production model so we can't sit in it but seeing it is good enough for me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the update!

I think I'll be driving down there this weekend to check it out in the flesh for the first time. I might have to swing by Mazda and test drive an MX-5 to make the drive down really worth it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
pics or it didn't happen

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol , someone said they are going tomorrow for the press event hopefully they will post some pictures.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts