Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd start this thread for the guys attending the RSAA on May 7-8. I will be flying down from Canada on the 6th and staying at the Comfort Inn just up the highway. According to the other discussion, it looks like myself, @%1;STeeRS, @%1;Focus112, and @%1;RSWannaBe will be attending for these dates.

If you guys want to meet up, share a ride to/from the event etc just let me know! I haven't set up a car rental but I'm more than happy to book one if someone wants to join in on it.

Can't wait for May! See you guys there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too will be joining the adrenaline academy these days, with my girlfriend. We are flying in on the 6th and out on the 9th. We plan to get our own rental car to do some exploring on the 6th and 7th but would be willing to car pool back and forth to the dinner and track day if someone wanted to.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Ill be there, with 3 other RS owners. Probably staying in Salt Lake City though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm arriving late on the 4th and staying near the airport. I'll probably rent a car for a couple days to do some exploring, depending on the weather. There's a Hellcat on Turo that looks interesting but is only allotted 100 miles/day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too will be joining the adrenaline academy these days, with my girlfriend. We are flying in on the 6th and out on the 9th. We plan to get our own rental car to do some exploring on the 6th and 7th but would be willing to car pool back and forth to the dinner and track day if someone wanted to.

I look forward to meeting everyone!
Do you know where you are going to be staying? If you're near the hotel I'm at I would be happy to chip in and carpool with you to the track.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We’ll be staying at the Comfort Inn that is recommended through the website.
Nice, that is where I will be as well. If you can give me a ride to the track I can chip in part of the car rental fee for you. If that's ok. If you want to work out any details, just send me a private message.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just landed in SLC and wondered if anyone else from here was going to be at this session. See you all there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here also. Missed the reception tonight but looking forward to tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Let's gooooooo

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
This was a blast. Great bunch of guys too. Good times. In case anyone is wondering... I figured out how to turn traction control off... nothin parties like a rental.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Such a good time! Glad to meet everyone. Also didn't hurt to walk away with the coveted 1st place cone. :)
I'll try to put together a video of the afternoon and see what I can come up with. I'll post it here if it turns out well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So much fun! While clicking away at my computer I occasionally look up at that big Brembo caliper we all went home with and dream about hitting apexes and drifting around cones. Sigh…

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So much fun! While clicking away at my computer I occasionally look up at that big Brembo caliper we all went home with and dream about hitting apexes and drifting around cones. Sigh…

Can only imagine what tsa thought when they saw that caliper.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I figure they must go over the weird stuff FPRS sends its students home with in the first day of TSA training at the SLC airport. Though I do wonder what our Canadian friends had to do when they went through when they got home.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I told them I have a caliper trophy in my bag... then the lady standing there told the person running the xray... "hes got one of those blue trophy things in this bag"... so I imagine they know what they're looking at.

I figure they must go over the weird stuff FPRS sends its students home with in the first day of TSA training at the SLC airport. Though I do wonder what our Canadian friends had to do when they went through when they got home.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I told them I have a caliper trophy in my bag... then the lady standing there told the person running the xray... "hes got one of those blue trophy things in this bag"... so I imagine they know what they're looking at.
When I was at the RSAA one of the instructors said that the TSA was aware of the calipers.

After all this time they should be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts