Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on here, a few people are waiting for the 2017... If they can't get a 2016. My question is. Is there even going to be a 2017? I mean they only made a focus rs in what? 02, 09, 10 and 16? I haven't heard of a 2017 in talks. and I feel like this isn't a car they will produce every year.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've read on here, a few people are waiting for the 2017... If they can't get a 2016. My question is. Is there even going to be a 2017? I mean they only made a focus rs in what? 02, 09, 10 and 16? I haven't heard of a 2017 in talks. and I feel like this isn't a car they will produce every year.
I'm willing to bet they'll be making 2017's. Most of the other revamped ford performance line cars will be coming out as 2017's and the RS is barely making it as a 2016 as it is....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'm shocked they aren't calling it a 17 to begin with. But I think there will be one solid year of production, everyone who really wants one will get one IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's not actually being released to the public till then that's why believe all publication is stated 2017 for release dates. As you see all the car shows have it as that MY on their ads.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was under the impression the 2017 Focus is a new generation, which would make me think it won't be available as a RS, unless the underpinnings of it are the same as the current generation, otherwise it'll need re-engineering. I also recall reading somewhere that 2016 orders not fulfilled in 2016 will be delivered into 2017. Originally I wanted to wait until 2017, but I don't want to risk it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does the EU not get Sync 3 for the 2016 models?
No, they are stuck with Sync 2 for their models. However they get whole bunch of stuff that we don't get in NA. Shell seats, rain sensing wipers, door edge protectors, auto adjusting HIDs... to name a few.

·
Registered
558 Posts
No, they are stuck with Sync 2 for their models. However they get whole bunch of stuff that we don't get in NA. Shell seats, rain sensing wipers, door edge protectors, auto adjusting HIDs... to name a few.
The big ones available in Europe but not here are the driving/parking assists developed in the last decade or so - adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, parking sensors. You can get those on a $15k Accent these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts