Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so I am in talks with my dealer at the moment. Going over how I want to build this thing. I have a couple or questions I need some help/adivce on.

The RS 2 package. I will be honest only reason I am even looking at this package is for the full leather. It won't be driven in winter so the heated options don't mean anything. So are there any differences in how the seats look? or is it just partial vs full leather. Kind of want a visual before I make up my mind.

Second question the touch screen navigation. Is the standard come with a touch screen as well. sync 3 and all the jazz. The lack of information still is surprising. Any help or photos would be great. Obviously my dealer is trying to get me to get the RS2 package. Just trying to see if it is worth it or not.

I was asked to update this and list the info known about the RS2 package As of now what ford's website has Is the following
Full leather Reacro's with Miko inserts
Heated front seats
heated mirrors
Heated three point steering wheel
Voice activated touch screen navigation " some Siruis package included"

I went yesterday to the dealer I have been talking with ever since we heard about the car. They have been giving me information as they get it. I put down my 500. They have the build I want and as soon as they can send in orders they will send in mine. That is also when they will know how many they will have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership.
Everyone here agrees that the RS2 package will be Sync3 and full leather.
Getting an RS1 is just like the ST1 models...no Sync, and no leather.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
if you build it online, sync 3 comes with the RS1, i just dont think you get the navigation portion

Included

Upgrade to SYNC® 3. Enjoy all of the great SYNC® features plus new hardware, new software and a new easy-to-use design.

• High-speed performance
• Enhanced voice recognition
• Capacitive touch screen with swipe capability
• Available navigation with easy destination entry
• Siri® seamless integration

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw your not driving in the winter in Nebraska thats like 9 months out of the year up there. Lol lived there for 6 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they can be pretty bad here that is for sure. Lived here my whole life minus being gone for the army here and there. But the last few have been pretty easy on us. snow for maybe 3 to 4 month only. But my main goal is to garage it during the bad seasons to many stupid drivers and way to much salt on the ground.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

See online with the standard option it says it comes with Sync 3.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Yeah they can be pretty bad here that is for sure. Lived here my whole life minus being gone for the army here and there. But the last few have been pretty easy on us. snow for maybe 3 to 4 month only. But my main goal is to garage it during the bad seasons to many stupid drivers and way to much salt on the ground.
Agreed was stationed at awefull Offutt

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed was stationed at awefull Offutt

Yeah I can't imagine wanting to be at Offutt unless you are from here and don't want to leave home. It is one of the smallest post's I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm hearing the same thing, might be because they have no information and basing off the site " late 2016 " as the orders opening up, making delivery 2017

So I think it's wrong, but they have no info to go off of
BTW my dealership told me not to expect delivery until MY 2017. I should just walk away now ...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So are there any differences in how the seats look? or is it just partial vs full leather. Kind of want a visual before I make up my mind.
Here's the full leather Mico Suede. I imagine the partial leather will be similar to the ST2, but all black? The builder specifically mentioned the RS logo on the full leather so maybe it is not there on the partial?

ST partial leather for reference:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm hearing the same thing, might be because they have no information and basing off the site " late 2016 " as the orders opening up, making delivery 2017

So I think it's wrong, but they have no info to go off of

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
They are completely wrong. If my cousin didn't own the place I'd walk now. Sales manager was sent a link to the official press release by me noting the Spring 2016 delivery time frame.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Here's the full leather Mico Suede. I imagine the partial leather will be similar to the ST2, but all black? The builder specifically mentioned the RS logo on the full leather so maybe it is not there on the partial?

I'm goen all out money is no object. Lol

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Whenever this ride shows up, it should give many that are seriously considering the platform a bit more time to get their finances in order.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Incorrect

Sync 3 on all packages.

The seat difference is that the RS2 seats will have micro-suede inserts.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts